WTB: 99 XJ headlights

• Looking for a set of headlights if anyone has some. Stock or aftermarket let me know what you have and how much you want. Pics would be appreciated if they are aftermarket.

Also highly interested in HID kits

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Why would you want stock, unless they are free. My old 2000 XJ had horrible lights, hi beams were worse than or others cars low beams, I upgraded to rampage h4 and it was better, still not great. The upgraded harness mod should help a lot. Did it to my CJ8 20 years ago it and was night and day difference.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

• I don't want stock Is there a link to any write ups on that upgraded harness mod?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Do a search on NAXJA.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Our 2001 XJ had horrible headlights when we first bought it. Turns out the previous owner had (for some reason) split the power wire off one headlight to power the other...so they were running very dim. I ended up installing one of the 12v harnesses mentioned above that routes you 12v straight from the battery instead of choking it through the computer. I also purchased some used Delta housings from a fellow DeJA member and then installed SilverStar Ultra H4 bulbs in them. It was the best lighting solution short of HID or LED that I have ever driven.

These are the housings: http://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_121.htm
    These are the bulbs: https://smile.amazon.com/SYLVA…-1&keywords=silverstar+h4
    Sorry, I can't remember where I picked up the harness.

I think I paid $65-$70 for the housings, about $30 for the bulbs, and probably $30+ for the harness. So less than $125 all in and it was an amazing upgrade from even a well-operating OEM XJ setup.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!