**TRAIL RIDE** Saturday March 18 at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park -- Sign Up Now -- All Welcome

• 1. Slowpoke
    2. altierior - maybe
    3. Cumminspwr8993

I have changed my status to maybe. I love snow wheeling. But if we get slammed like some of the predictions, my problem is that the lot where I park my trailer will almost certainly plow it in inextricably. I have a couple of places I could move it, but they might not be much better.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• i have a plow i can plow ya out where you at

I'm one of 'those' PA members. I haven't seen any mention by you as to where you are. I appreciate the offer, but I wouldn't want you to go out of your way. I am going to see if I can reach the guy who plows the lot and ask him to clear a path to my trailer.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I'm one of 'those' PA members. I haven't seen any mention by you as to where you are. I appreciate the offer, but I wouldn't want you to go out of your way. I am going to see if I can reach the guy who plows the lot and ask him to clear a path to my trailer.

.....aaaaaaaaaaaaand then we only get 3" of snow..................

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• dam well i dont think we will be going. It is also suppose to snow friday and saturday there. Whats everyone think well the three that are going

I will reiterate that I love snow wheeling, i.e., when it snows a few days prior and the trails are snow covered (I don't care how deep, as KnoxRents and TrikPony can attest) IF the roads to get there are decently cleared. But I prefer not to tow if there is snow and/or ice on the roads. Been there, done that, and never will again if it can be avoided. The forecasts for the areas near and around Rausch are calling for snow and freezing rain overnight Friday into Saturday. I suspect the roads will not be cleared enough for what I consider to be safe for towing.

Also, I haven't had a chance to go check the lot where my trailer is parked, so for all I know, it's plowed in and inaccessible.

~ JD

• they had about 3-4 inches on the ground on Sunday. The trails were a little slick... I would imagine there has to be at least a foot and a half on the ground now.

• If John can make it, then we're on.

Tremont weather according to NOAA:

Friday Night
    Rain and snow likely, mainly after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Southeast wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Saturday
    Rain and snow likely before 2pm, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

• If John can make it, then we're on.

SO MUCH PRESSURE!!! 8|

I will try to head over to check out the situation with my trailer. I'll try to have an answer for you later this afternoon.

~ JD

• UGH. I hate to be the one to call this run no-go. But it's not looking good for me.

There are just too many factors against me here this week. I worked like 12 hours today and had to get home to my new puppy to let her out. Since I didn't even finish the stuff I was working on, I expect tomorrow to be another long one. I still haven't even checked out whether or not my trailer is accessible. I always bring it home early in the week or the weekend prior to wheeling, so I can spend some time working on whatever might need to be done for prep. The Jeep is not even here, let alone prepared.

~ JD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!