Garage Lift MaxJax?

• Jeff looked at them an decided that the capacity and lift height wasn't worth the cost. He ended up with a 10K baseplate lift from Greg Smith. I opted for the 12K Overhead light as I have 14' ceilings and wanted my 102" wide trailers to fit through it. Think I have 109" on the drive through. It was only $3k too.

Plus....

• I thought about a lift and keeping a boat on a lift but I only have 12' ceilings and have two ceiling storage lifts already on the ceiling in that area. Even if I removed the ceiling storage lifts I did't feel I would have enough headroom to feel comfortable leaving the smaller boat up there. I suspect your garage is larger then mine.

The larger boat doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of being even moved around the garage to make any more room. It only clears the door by 6" and has 4" behind it and 10" in front. It just fits in the garage.

• My wife's car spends winter in my garage on a four post lift from Greg Smith. It came with casters you can put on it to roll it. My jeep fits under it, I think it is about 6'3" clear underneath. It plugs in to regular 110 volt. The thought was it increases the storage capacity and can be used for service also, but I really only use my two-post for that. My ceiling is 12'.

• My wife's car spends winter in my garage on a four post lift from Greg Smith. It came with casters you can put on it to roll it. My jeep fits under it, I think it is about 6'3" clear underneath. It plugs in to regular 110 volt. The thought was it increases the storage capacity and can be used for service also, but I really only use my two-post for that. My ceiling is 12'.

Any chance I could come and take a look at your 4 post lift?

I was fishing down at the dikes last weekend and people told me there was a big fish kill there last year. Since it's in your neck of the woods did you hear anything about it or see it?

I didn't catch squat but it's real early in the year. I wonder if the fishing is shot there now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I did a bunch of research on the MAxjax. I did opt for the Atlas lift. I only have 10ft ceilings and can lift a car high enough you can stand under it, jeeps and trucks I use my roller chair and it's perfect. Actually kind of nice to be able to work on a chair vs. standing all the time.

There were many reasons I didn't go with the MAxjax, I did read several people were having issues with them. I had real concerns over the safety of the lift. It doesn't have a real safety lock, you put ins in and you have limited height options. They were also having issues with hydraulic fittings and issues with it getting stuck up with a car on it. The weight capacity was another downer for me. I never thought I would use my lift as much as I do, seems like I have something on it all the time anymore. You will use it more than you plan on and won't really need or want to move a "portable" lift anyway. You are welcome to stop over and check out mine anytime. All I can say is, do your research, I didn't buy the Maxjax for a reason as well as a lot of other people. Tons of threads out there where engineers picked the Atlas over the Maxjax. Just sayin.

• I did a bunch of research on the MAxjax. I did opt for the Atlas lift. I only have 10ft ceilings and can lift a car high enough you can stand under it, jeeps and trucks I use my roller chair and it's perfect. Actually kind of nice to be able to work on a chair vs. standing all the time.

What ever you need to tell yourself Jeff. :pirate:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!