**TRAIL RIDE** Saturday April 15 Rausch Creek Sign Up Now

• I think Easter weekend has something to do with it. That's why I can't go.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Hey Jay, I see you haven't officially cancelled this. Are you still up for it? I might be.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• 1. Slowpoke
    2. altierior

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Does anyone want to ride shotgun?

~ JD

• A two rig trail ride?

It won't be the first time Jay and I have done so, and probably not the last...

~ JD

• Altierior and I represented DeJA at Rausch Creek on Saturday. John was trying out the new steering box brace on his XJ and I was trying out the new Ox air locker in my rear axle. The Park was pretty empty, it being Easter weekend. We did mostly blacks through the morning, including all of 5 and O trails. John and I both had to use my winch on 5 to get through the trees. Here are a couple of iPhone photos of me with my rear tire on a tree stump. Slowpoke Stumped Slowpoke Stumped 2

After a lunch break, we headed over to Tatas figuring on doing the black loops in there. The first black loop was backed up with a string of stock JKs, so we did the second one, which is more like a good blue. Then John started to notice that his turning radius was a lot bigger than normal. When we checked it out, the axle was moving independent of the body. The track bar mount had ripped off of the axle. That did it for the day. We cut over to E and took a straight line back to the parking lot. If we had a trail welder we might have been able to do something, but even John doesn't have one of those. We were back on the highway by 2:30.

Next year let's try and avoid Easter and Moab for the April trail ride.

• I can't believe John spent all winter under that front end and didn't notice that track bar mount might be weak. At least now the steering box is mounted so strong it's ripping other parts off, so that is a success!

• I can't believe John spent all winter under that front end and didn't notice that track bar mount might be weak.

D'oh! :doh:

~ JD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!