Snatch block or similar for 1-1.5" rope?

• So I may be tar'd and feather'd here since I traded the Rubi for an F150 but I promise I'll be back eventually. Gotta get El Camino in fighting shape first but you guys are a wealth of knowledge about actual offroad stuff.

In the past week we've needed to pull something with a truck or golf cart but a straight pull was really difficult. I thought a snatch block would be useful to add to my toolbag but everything seems to be for steel cable/synthetic winch line.

Is there a similar device, maybe not called a snatch block, that allows you to change the pull direction using 1.5" woven snatch rope just like you would a snatch block with a winch cable? I've found one with the large hook at one end but due to the way the loops on the ends are tied they are too thick to fish through the hole. https://www.amazon.com/Snatch-…ngle-Sheave/dp/B00B1QIQE4

Something like this... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0097SUGN2?psc=1 but for large rope. Wouldn't be used for snatching out trucks. More like pulling out bushes, moving logs, utility stuff. Maybe a stump. We used to just use a tree as a pulley but it tears into the material of the ropes over time.

Edit: Would a probably weight rated large D-ring/Shackle and a tree saver type strap work? I'm guessing rope diameter while sitting at work. SO it might be smaller
    Edit2: Now that I look up the places prices for rope I'm guessing it is smaller than what I'm estimating which might make this much easier.

• We used to just use a tree as a pulley but it tears into the material of the ropes over time...

... and it kills the trees.
    :tsk:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• This one unpins at the hook end and swivels open like the other you linked. That way you can just lay the rope in it.

Ohhh I see that now. Nice. Ok I'm gonna check my rope's diameter when I get home because I think I'm over exaggerating the size of the rope.

• Yeah I think I'm just gonna get a big d-rings and a tree saver strap. While not perfect it'll work for the random uses we would have just not gonna get a knock off one. Plus by truck has complete tow loops on the front instead of hooks and my ropes have closed ends so itll help me If I need to pull with my truck from the front.

D-rings I mean, not shackles

Now to just pick out one that would enough to pull out a fullsize pickup the 1/2" Warn is rated to 10k, the 3/8" is like 18k The ARB one on Quadratec is down lower. 10k doesn't seem like enough seeings how each truck is 5k. I'll just go big to be safe and have peace of mind.

Btw none of this is jeep related, but I thought you guys would be the best place lol

• Now to just pick out one that would enough to pull out a fullsize pickup the 1/2" Warn is rated to 10k, the 3/8" is like 18k The ARB one on Quadratec is down lower. 10k doesn't seem like enough seeings how each truck is 5k. I'll just go big to be safe and have peace of mind.

Are you looking for a winch, tow strap or rope?? If it's a rope, check out some of the Youtube vids of Bubba Ropes! They are insanely strong! I won one of their soft D-rings at the after holidays party and it's a cinch to use! I pulled the Blazer around and moved the kids playground across the yard with it as well! I'll be adding one of their tow ropes to my recovery gear soon. I say go with one of the 2" ropes... just to be safe! :thumbup:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Are you looking for a winch, tow strap or rope?? If it's a rope, check out some of the Youtube vids of Bubba Ropes! They are insanely strong! I won one of their soft D-rings at the after holidays party and it's a cinch to use! I pulled the Blazer around and moved the kids playground across the yard with it as well! I'll be adding one of their tow ropes to my recovery gear soon. I say go with one of the 2" ropes... just to be safe! :thumbup:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mine is basically a bubba rope it acts as a rubber band. Guy in Felton has made his own for decades and they last forever if you don't cut em. I'm more so trying to decide what size D ring to get but um just gonna get a Warn 3/4" because of the weight rating if 1 full size truck is trying to pull out another full size truck. the $10 would be piece of mine. Google "Rope Locker Felton DE" We swear by them and have never had one break ever aside from 1 cutting cut and it started to fray so they threw it away.

• I was at Tractor Supply this past weekend and I noticed that they have a snatch block for rope.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!