***DeJA Trail Ride*** at Rausch Creek Saturday July 22 All Welcome Sign Up Now!

• Our regular scheduled monthly trail ride is set for Saturday July 22 at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park in Tremont, PA http://rc4x4.org
    All welcome, all levels, members and non-members. We will meet at the RC parking lot as usual about 8:30 and hit the trails at 9:00 sharp. Sign up now, post or PM me with any questions.

1. Slowpoke

• Saturday July 22 at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park

1. Slowpoke
    2. altierior

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I apologize for posting that I would guide a Green group on this ride. My 50th high school reunion is the same day. October is the next ride at Rausch Creek, so hopefully I can make that one.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• PLEASE, someone else sign up for this trip.

PLEASE, don't make me wheel alone with Slowpoke again!

Please, I'm frightened!

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• We still on, John?

Behold! My fearless prognostication from Apr 14th 2017:

A two rig trail ride?

It won't be the first time Jay and I have done so, and probably not the last...

See you tomorrow 8:30-ish.

~ JD

• We are interested, but it will depend how late Yobob's flight gets in from Michigan tonight. I will post if we can definitely make it, by 7am tomorrow morning. We would be first timers. Thanks!

• Trail Report: Altierior wisely brought his own mechanic with him this trip. John's friend Jace rode shotgun in the Cherokee. He was able to keep my CJ moving, but could only diagnose John's latest steering problem, not fix it.

There was a crowd at RC from Nexterra on their annual ride. That's Northeast Exterra, a club that sponsors an annual ride for Nissan Exterra owners, though it looked like there were more Jeeps than Nissans in the group, including among the Nexterra "staff"!

We made a beeline out B to Cemetery to escape the traffic. Cemetery is a high black. I quickly got hung up on a large wedge-shaped rock that filled the space between my skid plate and my mufflers, pulled the d/s exhaust apart in front of the cat, backed up and wrapped the tailpipe around the rear axle. Jace, who usually works on go-fast cars, was happy to climb underneath with plenty of room to work. My hacksaw barely made a dent, but we were able to separate the tailpipe from the muffler and snake it out by loosening the rear bump stop. John then tried to pull the CJ backwards with a strap but no go with all eight wheels spinning, so we ran my winch line out to a tree (with a tree saver) and started pulling. John said the whole five-ton rock shifted forward by a foot. By the time I got loose the p/s exhaust had also separated in front of the cat. Very loud! We went on through Cemetery and took a left uphill through what turned out to be the red exit on the map. I got up it with one wheel four feet in the air. John had a little trouble, but made it up okay.

We then went on up and did Tombstone and Boot Hill without incident until we got to the top and John was leaking power steering fluid from the box. The Cherokee was barely driveable without any fluid and we were afraid the pump would burn up and take out the belt, so we headed back to the parking lot. We ended up only getting a few hours of wheeling, but it was worth the trip as always -- we haven't done those trails in quite a while.

Our next ride is Saturday August 19 at Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area AOAA Hope to see you there!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!