***DeJA Trail Ride*** at Rausch Creek Saturday September 23, 2017

• This is the official club ride for September rescheduled from the 9th. All are welcome as usual. We will meet in the parking lot at 8:30 and hit the trails by 9:00. Go to http://rc4x4.org for more information. Sign up now!

1. Slowpoke
    2. Stafford
    3. Altierior

Could someone post this as an event on the DeJA Facebook page?

• I was all set for the 23rd, but now, a mere few hours after we made the decision to move the club ride from the 9th to the 23rd, it appears maybe not. My son just decided to move to on-campus housing at Drexel. And move-in is the 23rd.

:/

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I was on this ride today with everyone. When you are in the middle of a trail and that little Prestone flush fitting on your heater hose breaks in 2 what do you do? You first curse out the previous owner of the vehicle for putting in the system. Then you use a 3/8" drive 13mm deep socket to mend the hose and keep going.I worked for the next 3 hours of riding and never leaked.

• Trail Report for September 23, 2017 at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park: We had a great day doing mostly black trails, including the completed sections of the new "Beaver Creek" trail. We had five Jeeps: @Stafford in his long-arm TJ, @Stomper in his JK, @Buster Stewart in his JKU, @Down Hill Roller in his YJ, and me with Rugby riding shotgun. We started from the parking lot down K and over the C cutoff, then went over to 5 (black), across 2 back to Pole Line then over to the West Side, down J and 11 to the new black trail that will be known as the "Beaver Creek" trail once the final section is completed. It runs parallel to Rock Creek on the south side and is a little like 13A on the north side of Rock Creek, only better. The second section ends at the crossing for Rock Creek, so we went over and did 13A (blue-black), then most of 20 (black) before bailing out on 12A. We headed back to the East Side and did P and 1C, including the black sections of 1C, then back to the parking lot a little after 4:00. Despite a lot of rock bashing, trail damage was minimal. Stafford tweaked an LED light bar and also had to clamp off a front brake line. Buster Stewart broke a plastic center cap on one of his wheels -- bad day for him! I broke the airline fitting off my Ox locker, but that was easily fixed with the Drive-Away Lock that screws in to the diff cover and manually engages the locker.

Rugby and I enjoyed the day thoroughly, though it got a little warm for him toward the end. Thanks everyone for letting us lead and show the rest of you where not to go to avoid getting stuck! I only had to pull winch line twice.

Looking forward to seeing everyone for the next DeJA club ride in just two weeks, Saturday October 7, either at RC or at Anthracite. I might vote for Anthracite for a change -- we've had real good rides there the last couple of times.

• Had a great day. Thanks again Jay for leading the group. Its nice to just drive for a change. Like was said before no major trail damage. I found and wounded most of my under armor. Gas tank skid is toast, front control arm skids toast, tie rod toast. Full belly skid hurting again. Well time to up armor the bottom and make some upgrades. See you all in November..

• Def a fun day, Beaver Creek is a fun trail. Driving home on 3 brakes was interesting, couple high pucker factor moments when a truck pulling a boat a few cars in front of me decided to make a left from rt 10 on a side road and another one on rt7 nearly home when a light changed at a inopportune time. It wasn't that the Jeep couldn't stop, it just wanted to pull very hard right. All good, I'll replace the line this week.

I fell in a damn hole where there was a 3x3+ rock a few minutes before that on Beaver Creek. Lots of loose rocks there that will hopefully settle down after some other people run it. Slammed my calf pretty good, swelled up like there was an egg under my skin for a while. Still really tender but it hasn't bruised yet which is kind of weird. Anyways, good trip, probably skipping October but should do the November ride.

• Had a great day. Thanks again Jay for leading the group. Its nice to just drive for a change. Like was said before no major trail damage. I found and wounded most of my under armor. Gas tank skid is toast, front control arm skids toast, tie rod toast. Full belly skid hurting again. Well time to up armor the bottom and make some upgrades. See you all in November..

My gas tank skid is looking like its time for an upgrade also. My steering is a little off also, need to give the JKU a little TLC.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!