JK front marker lights

• After giving the Jeep a "once over" so I can take it to the DMV on Wednesday, I suddenly realized the front marker lights never blink. I guess I never noticed that they didn't...why is this? I even had to Google it to confirm I didn't have a problem. Just seems odd that TJs and YJs do and you can be dinged for them not blinking...yet JKs don't at all. Weird!

• After giving the Jeep a "once over" so I can take it to the DMV on Wednesday, I suddenly realized the front marker lights never blink. I guess I never noticed that they didn't...why is this? I even had to Google it to confirm I didn't have a problem. Just seems odd that TJs and YJs do and you can be dinged for them not blinking...yet JKs don't at all. Weird!

There is a mod you can do to make them blink. To keep them functional as marker lights, you have to relay them though (flash pulse energizes relay, cutting thru power) But yeah, I thought it was odd too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I think I'm fine with them not blinking, but still can't get over the manufacturer making a change that makes a vehicle LESS visible to others.

Agree. If you think about it, the JK/JKU in general is pretty "blind" to the side view. The little strip of red on the side of the tail light isn't much either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• TJ for the win! When I was making my TJ legalish for Moab, I had to make 3 wire pigtails with a resistor in them to make my little two wire Led marker lights work. Looks like the JK fix is easy enough. This guys method looks decent except for those terrible splice connectors.
    https://youtu.be/g6PnQwEAyos

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Also, FYI, one mirror isn't enough to pass inspection.

This is why I can't f'n stand the DMV...they either make up their own arbitrary rules (ie. tires sticking out 1") that isn't codeified at all or they interpret code based on the direction of the wind and the whether it's lunchtime. Delaware code clearly states "All motor vehicles and motorcycles shall be equipped with a mirror so placed that the driver thereof may readily ascertain the presence of any vehicle traveling in the same direction and overtaking the driver's vehicle." Now where I'm from "a" constitutes one.

--Ian

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!