A rumbling, stumbling, bumbling tumbler thread!

• So, there was some debate on whether the DEJA tumblers would fit into the new can koozies. After some initial scientifical research, here's what we've found...

1. The 20oz as well as the 30oz tumblers will indeed fit into the new koozies.

2. The 30oz tumbler's side profile does not allow the koozie's magnets to properly adhere to surfaces

3. The 30oz tumblers are top heavy and do not allow a well balanced equilibrium for magnetizing to surfaces

4. The 20oz tumbler fits the koozies perfectly

5. The straighter sides of the 20oz tumbler allow for an excellent adhesion of the koozie's magnets to a plethora of surfaces

6. The koozie's magnets are plenty strong enough to hold a full 20oz tumbler to any magnetic metallic surface during:
    A. All tested road speeds
    B. All tested road conditions up to and including:
    1. mall parking lots
    2. paved surface roads
    3. Dirt roads/driveways

7. During transport, the koozie magnets have an excellent adversion to detachment due to vertical force of vehicle movements caused by:
    A. Potholes and bridge joints
    B. Small objects and debris on road surfaces
    C. Small animals and/or humans blocking the path of the vehicle tires (usually caused by a lower form/lack of intelligence ::reference-protestors)
    D. Parking blocks or curbs at the mall

8. During transport, the koozies have a very low tolerance to horizontal forces and will detach in the event of:
    A. Vehicle turns such as:
    1. Left turns
    2. Right turns
    3. U-turns
    B. Sudden course corrections due to adverse road conditions
    C. Any form of dance including but not limited to whips, nae naes, Dougies, Cupid Shuffles, Macarenas, Electric Slides, etc.

9. An adhesive such as glue or cement needs to be applied to threaded ends of the koozie's structural components in order to prevent structural failure and promote longevity of use.

*Further testing is being conducted on a daily basis.
    **Note that all testing was done in a safe interior vehicle environment.
    ***No tumblers were harmed in the testing processes.

• I want to see the whip and nae nae testing videos

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Thankfully, there was no video documentation of these experiments! Approximate visual representations have been included below.

Whip/Nae Nae
    :dom: :wavey: :wavey: :dom: :dom: :wavey: :wavey:

Dougie
    :doh: :doh: :run: :doh: :doh: :run: :doh: :doh:

Cupid Shuffle
    -> :thumbup: -> :thumbup: -> :thumbup: -> :thumbup: <- :thumbdown: <- :thumbdown: <- :thumbdown: <- :thumbdown: (to the right, to the right...... no?)

Macarena
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :doh: :wavecrowd:

Electric Slide
    :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I think testing on the exterior of the Jeep is necessary because 1) wind is a factor and will affect adhesion 2) the thickness/magnetic capability of the exterior may be different than whatever you attached it do 3) the possibility of having a beverage or two and accidentally leaving it on the outside of the vehicle is probably the most likely scenario we need to account for. I award you a solid A for testing but I believe a return trip to the lab is in order. I suggest a 12oz beverage, start full but testing half full is also valuable knowledge.

• I think testing on the exterior of the Jeep is necessary because 1) wind is a factor and will affect adhesion 2) the thickness/magnetic capability of the exterior may be different than whatever you attached it do 3) the possibility of having a beverage or two and accidentally leaving it on the outside of the vehicle is probably the most likely scenario we need to account for. I award you a solid A for testing but I believe a return trip to the lab is in order. I suggest a 12oz beverage, start full but testing half full is also valuable knowledge.

Challenge accepted! I'm already scheming up a tethering system for the koozie. I don't care if I lose a can of soda but I don't want to lose one of my new koozies!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• In addition, I would suggest an under the hood test. Or even active suspension test. Gopro footage required.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!