Dead Wrangler issue

• Hey there. hoping someone can give me some answers for another quirky incident. I went to start my 2000 TJ yesterday morning and it was dead....and I mean dead...nothing when I turned the key. I thought it was odd because the battery is less than 2 years old and has not struggled to start recently. I tried jumping it this afternoon and zip nada nothing. not even a crank. BUT...... after I disconnected the cables and then turned on the jeep headlights, I got a clicking noise. No lights went on. but about 5 seconds later, the lights went on and when I turned the key in the ignition, it started right up.....as if nothing had ever happened. I have a feeling that this was not a battery issue because when the cables were connected to both cars I got nothing but then all of a sudden the Jeep started after I turned the headlights on and then off....Its just odd. Anyone ever have this happen. I am hoping I don't have some electrical quirk thats gonna drive me nuts.....because, ya know .....Jeep life

• So from what I'm reading after you disconnected the battery you were able to turn on the lights and start the jeep. I would say leave the battery disconnected or remove it to save weight.

• ok then I agree with 92Renegade. My reading comprehension is not what it used to be. You either have a bad connection at the battery post or corrosion where the wire meets the clamp or the same at the other end of the cables. There is also a slight chance that there is a broken/intermittent connection within the battery itself. I think when you moved the cables by unhooking and rehooking them you made contact where there had been none. I would replace both cables and hope it wasn't the battery.

• Any luck with the battery cables?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!