Looking for a local reputable machine shop

• What shop did you ended up going with?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

"The Engine Shop" in , Collingdale PA. The owner Carl is familiar with the 4.0, he asked a lot of questions on how I use the jeep. We decided to go with a performance cam, slightly upgraded pistons and he is going to do some upgrades on the head (valves springs etc) he says I should pick up close to 20 hp over stock as long as I run a 62MM throttle body with a C/A intake.( he did try to talk me into building a stroker) The price was more than fair as compared to all of the crappy reman companies that are out there and he backs his work with a 3 year unlimited mileage

• I'm glad you it worked out good for you, I've a few to many bad experiences with them to try them again. It almost makes me wonder if they didn't just get you a reman engine from there supplier like they were doing years ago.

Nope, i brought them the block and they gave me a new set of pistons, new to me used crank and one rod too, same engine block came back. not to mention a receipt with all the parts listed. I have been using them for years with all great results

• We sent my dads 4.8L LS heads to Accurate to get checked for cracks ( we suspected one might be bad) and have new valves and seals installed. Guy said two weeks.... 4 weeks later after repeated calls he says they are done And they are all good. The heads looked exactly the same. Didn’t look cleaned and no sign of dye or anything indicating they were worked on. Installed the heads and just like before within a week or two a cylinder filled with antifreeze the engine hydrolocked and bent a rod. I’m glad you found someone else as I would never use those d-bags again.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• We sent my dads 4.8L LS heads to Accurate to get checked for cracks ( we suspected one might be bad) and have new valves and seals installed. Guy said two weeks.... 4 weeks later after repeated calls he says they are done And they are all good. The heads looked exactly the same. Didn’t look cleaned and no sign of dye or anything indicating they were worked on. Installed the heads and just like before within a week or two a cylinder filled with antifreeze the engine hydrolocked and bent a rod. I’m glad you found someone else as I would never use those d-bags again.

Next time we get to MOAB I might be able to keep up with Gavan with my new power plant...lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!