WTB: 4in leaf springs for a CJ or YJ

• i think i might have 2 springs if u want to see if they will work. U ussualy need 5" of lift for 35s or u r cutting fenders. A little bl helps.

• Why not go sprung over with stock YJ springs?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I have never gone spring over, never really thought about it. I'll look into it. Thanks deadfeat, I'll keep that in mind.

I am sprung over with YJ beefed up springs. I think I have 6 leafs per leaf pack.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• This is for the street Jeep, so I am looking for a nice smooth ride. I did a quick Google search and it looks like the soa would involve new drive shafts and steering mods, not sure I want to go that far yet. I may just do a small shackle lift to make myself feel good until I'm ready to rip into a bigger project. Im in the middle of a cam swap and 4:1 kit on the crawler....trying to get it done so I can get back out on the trails soon.

• This is for the street Jeep, so I am looking for a nice smooth ride. I did a quick Google search and it looks like the soa would involve new drive shafts and steering mods, not sure I want to go that far yet. I may just do a small shackle lift to make myself feel good until I'm ready to rip into a bigger project. Im in the middle of a cam swap and 4:1 kit on the crawler....trying to get it done so I can get back out on the trails soon.

Oh for a street Jeep you definitely don't want SOA. Any lifted spring will ride stiff. Skyjacker would be good for the street because they are soft. But they will sag. I used to run a 2" Skyjacker and 1" body lift. Had to add a YJ leaf to the rear to level it out. Road nice though. Probably a bit too flexy.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• john i think u r backward, spring over lift will be much better then a spring under for comfort. When soa u can use a stock or low arc spring that will be much softer then a high arched spring in a sua. If u do go soa i reccomend a ln antiwrap bar. It will reduce axle wrap and save the softer springs.

The work is probably worth it to go soa in the long run.

• john i think u r backward, spring over lift will be much better then a spring under for comfort. When soa u can use a stock or low arc spring that will be much softer then a high arched spring in a sua. If u do go soa i reccomend a ln antiwrap bar. It will reduce axle wrap and save the softer springs.

The work is probably worth it to go soa in the long run.

Having run both, my old spring under was better. Of course those were Skyjackers and my wheelbase is shorter.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!