• I just bought some Smittybilt Nerf Bars (the side step kind) from ChichuM and I can't figure out where they bolt on. Does anyone have instructions or a diagram for installation on a TJ? They don't seem like they'll bolt to the frame, even if I drill holes and I can't see where else they would go. I'll take pics of the bracket ends tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about.

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Checked their website and did a search, no luck. Quadratec has nothing on them either.

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Quote from "SarasGP"

Checked their website and did a search, no luck. Quadratec has nothing on them either.

shot capered a pm
    he is good friends with chichum i think

• i didnt help him take them off so i'm not exactly sure. my factory side steps had a U bolt that went inside of the frame with the threaded ends sticking out. that might be a similar setup. come to think of it, the u bolts are on my jeep now, never took them out. if you need them they're yours. if i talk to jeff (chichum) i'll find out how the smittybilts bolt on.

• No they look like this:

• CapeRed, would these use the u bolts like yours? My stock steps bolted directly to the side of the frame rail. Even using u bolts I still can't figure out what to bolt them to.

• it doesnt look like the hardware for the factory side steps would work for that. i havent talk to jeff yet but you might have to drill, or weld if you dont mind making them semi permanent.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!