F350 Dually tow vehicle?

• I have a guy offering to sell me a F350 Dually utility truck (has all the LOCKING storage compartments). 68K miles, gasoline V8. Was wondering what you guys think of this as a tow vehicle. Do not know about price yet. Condition is really good, no special crew cab or anything just a regular cab.

What do you guys think as a tow rig?

• problly with a gas u'll spend alittle more to fuel it up
    desiel's tends to get more mpg i believe
    and i would suggest getting a crewcab
    or xtended cab
    never know who u r gonna have to carry
    tho the locking compartments are nice to have

• you don't state what year truck it is or the price.
    if the truck is sound. and depending how often you use it it should perform fine. as was stated it will consume more fuel than a diesel ,but your off the line will be faster.
    i have had both. a 2003 f-250 s/d w/ 5.4 i now have a 2006 f-350 s/d power stroke diesel. i have a 30 ft. camper and the 5.4 just wasn't enough.

• The side boxes would make for good tool and part storage. Since it's not an everyday driver it should be fine for the right price.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I'd say if it is good condition, and you don't plan to be hauling 2 jeeps on a 5000 lb trailer, you should be OK. Are you getting a good price?

• I am waiting to hear back on the price, he is a good friend of my mom and her boy friend so i should be able to get a good price.

It would be towing my one Jeep, and some hot rods around

• Saw this on BMJA site...

2001 Ford F250 SD 4x4, lifted, cheap
    Dark blue ext./silver int., XLT, front bench w/fold-down console, supercab/quadcab, seats six, all options except leather. V10 (6.8L, 310hp, 425 ft.lbs.) , auto, 4x4. Trailer package, bedliner, diamond-plate toolbox, wraparound bugshield, window rain deflectors. 4" Pro-comp lift, 35" Super Swamper SSR's on Eagle 102's (fake bead-lock), steering stabilizer. The lift and tires were just installed this past August and have about 4k miles on them. 102,000 miles. It has been well-serviced and cared-for. The previous owner used it to pull a classic Tbird around the country so most of the miles are highway. Extremely clean and immaculate in/out. Pics available. I'll sell local for $12,900 before I ebay or trade it in.

http://www.bmja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12883

• It sounds like good price. Beware if it has the 460 engine, it has plenty of power for towing but will pass everything but a gas station.

• Not that good of a deal, I picked up my 93 4x4 Cummins dually for $5200 from this guy in Milford. At the aution last week there was a 94 f250 ext cab shortbed 4x4 with 103,000 mi and it went for $4000. I would definately hold off on this one. Go with a diesel, you will be happier in the end, and ext cabs are great for the unexpected.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors…Z6197QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• I checked it out, the paint and interior is in alright condition (I am planning to paint whatever rig I get anyways), engine runs smooth. There is a hydraulic lift on the rear which would be nice for loading axles and other heavy parts.

[/img]

• Wow....what a CHICK magnet! :driving: Laura better watch out!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• it would go well with my 70's gear and wig.

Yeah she would really have to look out, ptshhh. Man I love salvation army runs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!