May trail rides

• I think the whole point of the Jeep is to go everywhere.

Rocks, Mud, Sand..all of it. The whole fun of owning the jeep is to take it where you thought you couldn't go, be it mud, rocks sand or water.

• Quote from "jeepgnome"

I think the whole point of the Jeep is to go everywhere.

Rocks, Mud, Sand..all of it. The whole fun of owning the jeep is to take it where you thought you couldn't go, be it mud, rocks sand or water.

I agree, but there is so much more to wheeling then going through some mud Puddles. I agree with Andrew in saying "To each their own". Maybe I just worry way to much about mud and all getting into my dif and axel tubes, bearings, pullies, and so on. Do not get me wrong I wil go through some puddles with the best of em (when on real trails with real obstacles and not just all mud/sand), but for me personally, it's just not worth the drive nor money to go play in mud... Sorry I started this war of "In My Opinions". I feel we've beat this horse enough and the thread shoud be deleted and started over... Right?

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Quote from "TheMistaken"

I agree, but there is so much more to wheeling then going through some mud Puddles. I agree with Andrew in saying "To each their own". Maybe I just worry way to much about mud and all getting into my dif and axel tubes, bearings, pullies, and so on. Do not get me wrong I wil go through some puddles with the best of em (when on real trails with real obstacles and not just all mud/sand), but for me personally, it's just not worth the drive nor money to go play in mud... Sorry I started this war of "In My Opinions". I feel we've beat this horse enough and the thread shoud be deleted and started over... Right?

NA....just get back on topic.

Back on topic - I'm only going on GWNF and the spring fling...thats enough for me!

• May is a tough month for addtl trail rides b/c of everything going on. The first weekend is the spring fling, the next is mother's day, the next is GWNF.

The only weekend semi-open is the last weekend and that is Memorial Day weekend.

I will talk with the Assistant Trail Bosses to see if they have any weekends they would like to lead a ride.

-Chris

• The only reason I asked about other May trail rides is I'll be missing GWNF. I figured anyone not going on that may want to set up a run to RC.

• Speaking as a mother, I think it would be cool to go on a trail ride on mother's day. I think it would be nice to have a trail ride in May for those that aren't planning on going to GWNF.

Just my .02

• Quote from "jc1121"

Speaking as a mother, I think it would be cool to go on a trail ride on mother's day. I think it would be nice to have a trail ride in May for those that aren't planning on going to GWNF.

Just my .02

I wouldn't be able to make it mother's day, but Saturday the 13th (day before) would be good. We can maybe plan a Mother's Day ride for that Sat. It would be nice to be able to con my wife into going wheeling with me by using Mom's Day as an excuse.

• I'm up for a run on May 13th. I can't make GWNF, but RC sounds good. I'll guide if I'm needed. I've got a blue run mapped out, and can't wait to do it. No promises, but my mom is 91 (like years old) maybe I could convince her to ride along!

Randy

88"YJ, 4"suspention, 2"body lift, BFG 32-11.5-15 TA's
    03KJ, 2.5"front, 2"rear lift, armor, BB's, 245-70-16 BFG TA's

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!