Delaware Jeep Association

Forum home for Delaware's original Jeep club

Looking for your profile and personal settings? Look up in the upper left corner, click on your username and it'll open the personal menu settings.

If you had previously changed your displayed username from your login name, that change was lost. Now, the login name is the same as the displayed name. You can change your username in your account settings "Account Management".

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Wtb 16 inch wheels.

ironhideyj

Battery Recommendation

astape

Transmission life

deadfeat

Wheels tires off 1996 Grand Cherokee

WillysTJ

jku soft top

Recent Activities

• ironhideyj -

Replied to the thread Wtb 16 inch wheels..

100-200, but I picked up a great deal online on 4 procomp rims. I wanted a more tame set of tires to drive on the road. Now that Shadyluke hooked up my 2.5 to 4.0 swap, I can actually drive in the highway. With that said, 35 inch super swampers are not…
  • astape -

Replied to the thread Battery Recommendation.

just got bosch bats from pep boys for my truck. $85 on my comercial account. tristate bat in newark has deca bats and blems cheap.
  • haugwild -

Replied to the thread Battery Recommendation.

Interstate batteries , never had any problems with them in in 30 years , even had one last 13 years in my GMC 3/4 ton pickup
  • deadfeat -

Replied to the thread Transmission life.

Quote from WILLYN: “ Typically with high mileage you should plan to have the flywheel resurfaced. Unless the clutch has had an unusually easy life it is probably scored or grooved or glazed or something. They can be surface ground if flat. It has…
  • astape -

personally i have never seen a 4.0l need the flywheel resurfaced. also they r domed so surfacing is even a worse idea. im pretty sure they r only $55 new. pilots can be hard to pull but harber freight has a puller set thats only a few bucks. the right…
  • WILLYN -

and my clutch is a LUK also. I can't complain. It has never chattered even when wheeling and I've never smelled it when lots of slipping was involved.
  • WILLYN -

A pilot bushing or bearing is the only other wear item in there. Not sure which it has, but if it's a bearing I would definitely replace it because it's relatively cheap but difficult to get to. Typically with high mileage you should plan to have the…
  • WillysTJ -

Replied to the thread For Sale Wheels tires off 1996 Grand Cherokee.

• Kuntryboy816 -

Liked ruquik’s post in the thread Little red YJ build.

Like (Post)
    Update... Failed emissions so I started replacing sensors...all of them...no go. So I knew the manifold was cracked so a Banks header went on along with a new water pump while every thing was off. IMG_9407.jpg IMG_9409.jpg IMG_9410.jpg Failed again.…
  • 92Renegade -

Liked ruquik’s post in the thread Little red YJ build.

Like (Post)
    Update... Failed emissions so I started replacing sensors...all of them...no go. So I knew the manifold was cracked so a Banks header went on along with a new water pump while every thing was off. IMG_9407.jpg IMG_9409.jpg IMG_9410.jpg Failed again.…