Posts by Mojos66

Welcome!

Forget the Pine Barrens. Going to the Pines is just asking for trouble. There are way too many stories out there of rigs taking on damage from the water holes, rumors of radical environmentalists setting up booby-traps, and run-ins with local law enforcement.

Come out to Rausch on a DeJA trail ride. ***2017 DEJA Calendar***

Altierior,

Recently read about some run ins with the law up there but the damage from the water holes are something I didn't realize. Definitely something that I am not interested in. The booby traps are just crazy. What possess people to do things like that.

Thanks for all the information. I just read up on some

Welcome aboard!

If you want a winch, the mounting plates start at $170 and I think look a little goofy with the stock plastic bumper. Here's one option: quadratec.com/products/12065_1012_07.htm A steel bumper will usually be a lot easier to install, even if a bit more expensive (or a lot more, depending on which one you get).

You'll be ok with the 3.21 gears, especially for gas mileage as long as you stick with the narrow 33" tires. The 430N radio is pretty decent, I kinda prefer it over the 730N that I got on ebay to replace my base 130 radio.

Whatevah,

Thanks for the info, you are right, a winch on a stock bumper does look a bit funky. I will have to look at a new bumper sometime down the road.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the add. My name is Ruben but everyone calls me Mojo. It's been a long time since I've owned an actual 4-wheel drive vehicle (14 years to be exact).
    First time Jeep owner but not new to the Jeep community as I wheeled with several Jeep owners back then. I was just one of the few that didn't own a Jeep.

I just bought a 2017 Sahara JKU. I originally wanted the 3.73 gears with the tru-trac diffs but compromised for the standard 3.21 gears only. I realized that I probably won't be off road as much as I'd like so I opted for the 430N radio with the Alpine speakers. Don't judge me :)

At this time I don't plan on doing many mods, Probably 33s (275/70R-18) on my stock rims that I'm debating on Plasti dipping, some auxiliary lighting, a soft top, and roof rack. I am not sure if I should put a winch on the stock bumper or get an all steel bumper with a winch. I just enough to get some nice trail rides in, with a few technical spots. I'm not into mudding or major water obstacles.

Hopefully my family and I can meet a few of you and enjoy some rides. I have been looking into Rousch Creek or the Pine Barrens. Any other suggestions would be great.

Take it easy,

Mojo