Posts by Lookin2Mud

It's just a royal PITA taking the front end apart. More labor time involved then anything. I got away without paying much last month because I had both axle's out and apart to get rebuilt anyway. I'd say $400 maybe with parts included.

rebuild the 8.25 and be done with it

Very true! If you're not wheelin' every weekend, rebuild the Cylro rear and call it done. Of coure there's only like two lockers around for it, but Yukon shafts are under $200- for the 8.25. It's already a 29 spline so again, for a DD you can't beat it. My final say is save the money, put an OX locker in the front just for sure hell, and the diff cover with and some integrity to the D30, alloy's, and lock the 8.25 and you may be around $2000- in parts. BUT, your drivetrain will be well set.

Are you willing to spend the $2000+/- for parts and labor? If it's a DD rig I personally wouldn't consider going that route. Grab a set of Waggy 44's for under $500 and call it a day. I believe T&T Customs actually makes a Waggy Ft. 44 install kit for an XJ. Sit down and think about where you would like to go with your rig. Is it primarily a DD or only a weekend warrior? How much are you willing to spend? What size tire would you like to run?

If it's still stock you should sell it now if you have BIG plans for you future because I'll tell you now you're not going to be able to afford anything in a year or two... ;D

That's like taking spandex off a fat chick... It's just not meant to be. You're talking HUGE hacking into the firewall and tunnel. On a unibody vehicle I really can't see it being such a good idea. I'm all for shoehorning large displacement into small packages but I'd personally stick with an LS1 or the infamous small block. Cost of a GM572 is well over $10k also... I'd say possible on a 2wd, 2-door, caged, and tubbed XJ (there's one on NAXJA is you search).

Hmm, because of people like me? And I wonder why I haven't become a member of DeJa?... Think we have a winner! It's useless to argue over such a thing. It happened end of story, and as I've said before, I'll most likely venture up there in my truck or on my bike. But you have this idea that because someone didn't obey a sign that our intentions are to destroy what we drive up there. GhostDakota didn't go up there to wheel or rattlecan a piece of already destroyed concrete; he went up there with his Ladyfriend and her friend (I guess) to look around and take some pretty neat shots. Sorry but I'm gonna stick with it and still say I don't see anything wrong.

Hell it looks a little bit more exciting then the canal at least. I might take a trip up there sometime here soon. Looks kinda like a place where a firearm on your side might be necessary. Much fun...

Yep no fishing at the ponds in the dog training area. Yet for some reason they keep it pretty well stocked. Joe Shmo is sometimes down there fishing but a .12 shell shot over his head usually gets them out of there. The larger pond by the railroad bridge I sometimes see people fishing in. It's not like you can eat anything either... And the kid in the Blazer was 17 and had it for six days... Still with the white tag. He tried rippin' around a turn and caught a hole and I guess it sent him over.