Posts by altierior

oh, crap! my tranny mount is shot. ;(
    it's not as simple a job as it should be. i gotta remove the damn skids to get at it. it's a good opportunity to install my tc drop while i have the crossmember off. hopefully i get it all done. :-\

Things should be good thru the rest of the year.

It's tough to pick dates almost a year ahead of time because you don't know what's going to change or come up.

Chris has done an outstanding job of organizing rides this year. :up:

i agree. i really hope my post wasn't misinterpreted. :-[ i certainly wasn't griping. after a little confusion about whether there is a trip to RC on this date, i was only looking to make sure that my calendar accurately reflected the club rides.

in my short time as a member, i know that it is through the work of guys like chris that make this such a great club. :up: :)

This date was posted a while ago.

I doubt there is a trip planned at this point.

it's still listed in the 'Upcoming Trail Rides' thread alongside the club trip to GWNF . is there a group still going to RC? if not, it makes me wonder if any of the other trail ride dates are incorrect :question: i know that i am not the only member who has these dates marked on his calendar. maybe an update is in order :hmm:

Thats cool john,I'm doing same I'm bringing my daughter for first time ,i don't want to scare her i want to take it easy see how she is. ill see you there.
    Wayne

hey wayne,
    how old is your daughter? my daughter alison is 8 yrs old, and she loves offroading more than anything. i will never forget what she said the first time that i brought her to paragon, "This is more fun than Disney!"

i would enjoy wheeling with you again, as long as i don't have to carry your jeep out of the park this time. :razz:

Deja will be hosting a trail ride on Sunday, April 29th to RAUSCH CREEK.
    ****Required for this ride****
    Your vehicle must be equiped with 33" tires minimum
    Lockers not required

i'm probably not the only one who is a few inches shy of the requirement but might want to wheel on the 28th or 29th. so i'll post up here just in case anyone else decides to lead a separate group of greens/blues.

...this will be considered an "Official Deja Ride"...

Does this mean that non-members are no longer welcome? ??? my XJ might be ready for this trip, and i be excited to give the mods their 'maiden voyage' ASAP. :driving:

Would the amps fit under the rear seats? Or does that interfere with folding the seats down?

yup, thought of that, but the amps are too large.

anyways, sorry for the thread hijack. if the jeep is ready, i'll try to participate. updates to follow...

Hmmm, you should be fine as long as you don't get stuck and have to sit in a puddle. You can always go around anything that looks too deep for your liking (if there's a go around). Other than that just go through any puddles at an even pace and you should be fine. I have yet to flood the inside of my TJ and I have gotten stuck in stuff that is up to almost my mirrors. I hear XJs are a little easier to flood inside though. ???

well, i've been in water that came up to the middle of my door panels. the door seals held out the water pretty well; just enough got in to wet my girlfriend's feet. :D

I think you should have mounted the amps to the back of the rear seat. That's out of the way enough for it to still function as a dd.

yeah, of course that was the obvious location, but in any suvs i have owned, i have always tried to avoid the back of the seats because i use the back of the truck with the seats down for cargo. then the amps are quite vulnerable. if the under-seat location looks like it might be a problem in the xj, i can move them to the back of the rear seats or try to get creative and find a different location for them.

the mods on my xj begin today... i am psyched! i hope to have everything finished in a few weeks, then i am gonna want to get it wheeling asap. i'll go to the paragon open run on feb 4th, but your trip will get my jeep on the trails sooner.

my only concern, i guess, is that i don't want to drown my xj. i have no problems with water, mud, etc. i've done mud and water (at least deep enough to cover my tires) at paragon after a heavy rain, and that was when my xj was stock. but i am not snorkeled, and by the looks of some of the jeeps on this thread, i don't wanna be the guy who ends up with a waterlogged dead engine. i'll have a 3" lift with 31x10.50s.

also, how common is it to flood the interior? my rockford-fosgate amps are mounted under the front seats. i know, i know, not the best place for them for offroading, but this is my dd and it was the best place to hide them for keeping them out of the way for daily function.

do i need to be a member to tag along?

i have not wheeled the pine barrens in years. i would love to go with a group who knows their way around. what types of obstacles do you expect to encounter on this particular ride?