Posts by KnoxRents

Mine is in a box somewhere in my garage. This seems like a much better option.

I have no flipping clue where mine is so yours seems like a better option. :D

They can only be used on one vehicle and I don't ever plan on changing tire size or gearing so I should be OK.

They set the date for April 22nd. Anyone want to compete to try to get three wins in a row for DEJA? I'd love to compete but will bow out if someone new wants to try it.

It would be nice to see some testing done among all of those winches to see how the well known names such as Ramsey, Warn, and Milemarker stack up against some of the Chinese knock offs and rebrands such as Quadratec, Summit, and Harbor Freight.

That British built aluminum bodied winch from Red Winches USA sounded like it has some serious quality built into it. :tup:

i can't make the January meeting due to a family vacation but please make this a topic so we can get some volunteers. Add me to the committee. Let's make this happen.

I had a little Lincoln like that kicking around my garage for a while. It wasn't good for a whole lot more than sheet metal. I've got a Miller 211 at home and it is a decent machine. It runs off of 120 or 240 so it can grow with if you decide you want to do suspension or bumpers later. The Hobart 210 is a similar machine and is a few hundred dollars less than the Miller

I have the Miller 211 as well. The automatic settings are very impressive. They tend to be almost spot on.

DEJA Google calendar subscribers,

My sister consumed a little too much wine last night and proceeded to add some events to the DEJA calendar from my refrigerator that happens to also have the DEJA calendar on it.

Stafford and I are trying to figure out how to revoke my privileges to edit but since I set the calendar up, it's proving difficult.

Anyway, if you see anything on the calendar that pertains to me getting male organs enlarged or other items that don't sound like they have anything to do with Jeeps, you've probably stumbled on one of the easter eggs she so proudly proclaimed she left.

Jeep on,
    Billy :thumbup:

No experience with the Quadratec or trucklites but I got the KC Gravity ones and was blown away by how much nicer the light is. It's amazing because even though they seem ten times brighter from the driver seat, they look dimmer when facing the Jeep so I don't blind oncoming traffic anymore.

I also like the look of the lamps themselves for some reason. They have a darker look to them.

Not trying to sway you the wrong way but since you said it's a DD, 33's would probably be better than 35's. You'll still crush it off road.

Maybe an XJ guy will chime in.

I think an auto locker would be fine in an XJ. I run them in my TJ and don't have any issues other than maybe snow. An Aussie is an easy install since the ring stays in but if you are regearing anyway, just spend the money on a Detroit to get the stronger carrier.

Welcome!!! :wavey:

That axle combo, (especially the 8.8) should hold up OK for 35's. 33's might make it more street worthy though. I've wheeled with several XJ's on 33's that were incredible. Just a thought.

Also, I wasn't a fan of my OX locker when I had the manual one and the air locker seemed to have a fitting on the side that was prone to damage just like the manual one. If you had to go air, I guess I'd have to say ARB even though they suck too.

Think about a Aussie locker or better yet a Detroit for reliability. They work great on long wheel based Jeeps like the XJ. If you need a selectable, the electronic lockers seem to be more reliable than the air from what I've seen.

Anyway....good luck!!!