Posts by james78

YouTube video uploaded...

Not the best, kindof hard to film and drive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvkHyU7DgAM

[size=small][youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube][/size]

Friday night camping was nice, Bill and Brian stopped by after the KOH was over, It poured down for about 10 mins on Sat morning, but after that it was a great day, the sun was out, but it wasn't too hot.

- We started out down Trail 2 hitting up pretty much every green on the west prop,
    - I somehow made a wrong turn and ended up coming to a paved road... we turned around and got back to the park and made our way towards Lake christy,
    - on the way I hit Roxy's Way and got jammed up on a tree (the jeep has a small bruise and my tail light guards saved me from having to buy a new light.
    - I lead the group down the back side of lake christy via S-1... we crossed the small pond only to find more water on the other side. So we broke for lunch and then headed out the way we came in.
    - Made our way around the lake, then went down the hill climb to the lake. Climbed back out, everyone made it up, except for Mr Joop (he had some carb issues on the climb) so I winched him the rest of the way up.
    - We headed North until we got to the fire pit, myself and JKgray10 did it without issues.
    - I gave the lead spot to JKgray10, because he had a navigator to read the map.
    - We headed toward Rock Creek and actually did rock creek, by mistake. Myself and JKgray10 didn't have many issues, and actually, DK golden eagle and MrJoop made it thru with little assistance, a few bumps and bangs, but they did well and proved that even a smaller Jeep can hold its own.
    - We stuck to the west property for the rest of the day, hitting a bunch of blues w/ black sections, I think we hit 18A & B, 23, 10A, 12A, B, & C, and Trail 15. Only had to strap out once and use the hi-lift a couple times to get everyone up and over the rougher sections.
    - around 5pm we headed back to the comp course to play around and then we all broke out for the drive home.

I was really happy with my MTR's, 8 hrs on the trail, and 75 mph the whole way home, without a prob. (damn, I'm gonna miss this Jeep)

Here are some random pics from the day.

I'll work on the video later... it is Mother's Day, so I cant be sitting around the PC all day!

Had a great day on the trails, being a trail leader is a pain, but I think everyone had fun.

Myself, DK Golden Eagle, JKgray10 & his brother, and Mr Joop and his friend.

Total of 4 Jeeps, 2 TJ's, 1 JK, and 1 CJ-7

I will do up an actual report later. but in short no one broke (as of the time we split from the park) I am sure we will all find some damage after the first wash.

I post up some pics and maybe a video in the next few days

Just to let everyone know. You all are missing out! Not really. But it is nice to camp out alone... lots of time to think...

Still better than waking up at 4 and driving up here.

For those that will be here in the am. I am in the camp area past the port a johns. Give me a ring when you get to the park.

LAST CALL!

so far...

James78 -- Friday & Saturday
    Knoxrents -- Friday KOH
    JKgray10 -- Saturday
    Mr Joop & Friend -- Saturday
    DK golden eagle -- Saturday
    Stafford + (2) JK Rubi's-- Saturday

Friday, I am just setting up camp and watching KOH

Saturday - looks like maybe 8 Jeeps (if everyone shows)

if you want to join in PM me, I can check my email on the road...

and for CB... I guess ch 16 if it's not too busy, back up ch 18.

I will PM everyone my cell #, if everyone can get in touch it will help with meeting up.

So if you are going, PM everyone your #...

We don't have a Trail Leader... but so unless someone else steps up... I can try to map out a day or we could just play it by ear as the day goes.

I am going up Friday morning/afternoon to watch KOH and set up camp, wheeling Saturday and maybe head out Saturday night.

A tranny and/or an oil cooler might not be a bad idea.

bring a set of extra pads (JIC) if you don't need them, you will have them for later.

Don't load everything into the camper, use the rear seat/cargo area of the Jeep, pull the seat if you aren't using it... it's going to take some strategic planning and it might not be the best trip thru the mtns... but you will be sleeping in the camper.

and elec brakes if it is feasible...

I still plan on camping Friday night... I hate that morning drive.

But if no one is staying for Sunday, I might just head back sat night or camp and head back Sunday morning.

I am flexible... but camping alone is only cool for a little while.

Picked up a PENN Senator reel on a decent rod for $12.50 today at a yard sale... there isnt a P/N on it but it looks like it is from the 60's... it is still smooth and it looks like parts are readily available thru the net.

Did I get a good deal???

How can I figure out the P/N

There was some talk on another thread... hoping to bring it over here.

I am going on this weekend regardless, but I am no trail leader... I could prob figure it out, but not without getting lost a few times.

I'd like to throw down with some of DEJA's best... and this is my last chance, so if you are free bring it.

And post up if you are in.

After having read "James78" thread, I would be willing to for-go the Pine Barrons trip, out of respect for his military service and him having to head over sea soon. I would feel better joining him, for the service he is doing for us, at Rausch Creek. BUT, I am more a Blue/Green. Unless I ride with someone who does blacks. We could always do the Pine Barrons another time. Who else is in???? :shrug:

Thanks Buddy, but the family and I are super excited to be headed back to Japan...

and there may be a few green/blue jeeps coming up from KY and another stock JK from Dover (maybe)

It's all about having fun on the trails and throwing back a few around the fire...

I am trying to hit the trails one last time before I head overseas, and some of my buddies from Kentucky are talking about making the trip up.

Friday night Camping and wheeling Sat & Sun

I'd like to have it a DEJA Ride. One last shindig with the club...

I am thinking Blues/Blacks... and everything else.

LIST:

James78 (7,8 & 9 camping/wheeling)
    Jeff (KY)
    Craig (KY)
    Kevin (KY)
    Others from the K&I Club (maybe)
    The main guy with the dovetail had to bail, stupid work... gotta put food on the table.
    So the Jeeps he was gonna pull the 11 hrs, backed out...

KnoxRents (Friday KOH Only)
    Captain
    Astape
    JKgray10 (coming (days???))
    Shorebird (maybe not)
    Mr Joop (Saturday Only)
    DK Golden Eagle (Saturday Only)
    Stafford