Posts by poppatello

Still trying to finish our home. After the contractor took money and ran we are significantly short. So selling the Cj to try and finish. Has a AMC 4 cylinder with less the 50k on it. Has a 304 AMC not complete but under 20k miles per the PO and looks good. Has thevT-4 trans and Dana 300 twin stick. Stock axles but rear is trussed and the front has thr Aussie locker. Has a 4" BDS lift kit with military wrap springs. 35" KM2 tires with less then 1000 miles on them. Has a soft top but doesn't fit the hard or soft doors. Has OEM rear seat but high back front seats. It has the blazer heater blower motor upgrade that runs you out of there. Custom front and rear bumbers and a CB overhead rack with CB. Surf rack not included.

I have a Ford T18a that goes with it and a spool for the AMC 20 if I get the asking price. Also has an older Warn 8274. Never hooked it up so don't know if it works. Also if I get the asking price. Needs driverside floor and could use a windshield frame. This is the 2nd frame but its bubbling. Body needs some work too. If you are not handy with bodywork or looking for a full restoration project then this is not the Cj for you as I am not looking for low ball deal licking tire kickers.

Jeep is not tagged and needs a battery. Has a pos Weber carb and the electric choke is choking. It will start with a jump and starting fluid. But you neef to.keep it revving until warm. Motor has the nutter and lucky cheese by-pass upgrade...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Looking to trade my 84 Cj for a 4 door wagoneer. Lookig for decent interior and AC as well as road worthy. I have an 84 Cj with the AMC 150 and T4. Has a twin stick 300 and stock axles with an Aussie up front and the AMC 20 is trussed. Has front and rear custom bumpers. 35" KM2 with less then 1000 miles on them. 4" BDS lift and 1/2 shackles. Needs driver floor and rockers. I have the rockers. Has a newer Yj soft top. Jeep runs. I have a low miles rebuilt by PO 304 that is not complete and a T18a that needs an output shaft.

I need room for five now.

I didn't read the entire thread. However, the wife and I do a lot of camping ourselves. However, the Cj isn't rated to handle our 28' TT. We bought ours used May of 13. This was a major jump up from a pop up and we couldn't be happier.

We camped @ Killens (love it), Yogi in Lewis, Camp Creek in WV, Seashores in NJ (Cape May), King Nummy (Cape May), and Cape Hen (Lewis).

We used to camp @ Frontier Town in OC when we had the pop-up. But the prices have gone up quite a bit we haven't been back there since. We may try and take a trip this year.

I have to say, if you love the water or even the ocean. Wildwood is the place. The campgrounds in the area of Rt. 9 and 47 are just awesome. I've tried to get my wife to go there for years. Well last year it was my birthday present and she's sold on it. The water is crystal clear and the beach is beautiful.

Our number one favorite state park in Delaware is Killens and Trap Pond. Just can't beat the beauty of the back country roads.

Another place to try is Cherrystone Va. I haven't been there in 15 years but I loved it when I was there. I hear it's a bit different now but I'm willing to try it out for myself again.

Good luck with the pop up. I can't do jeep adventures with you camping but if your looking for a get away weekend we'll join in. We fish, bike ride and even geocache. Let us know...

plan on paying double for a duel set up. Triple for true duels. A single set up (one pipe out the rear) will run about 225. Fake duels will run about 375 to 395 and true duels is around 6 to 800 and depends on which grade pipe you go with. If you surf, wheel, or a lot of local quick drives with the jeep you will want to go with stainless pipe. Most local shops use the 401 or something like that. It is ok. Problem is you are paying for the 301 grade stuff you can mail order.

Personally I would go with just a muffler with a single out. Do not change the factory pipe. It is stainless. Just tell them you want a muffler but want to keep the OEM pipe. Not sure about what sound you are looking for. Youtube isn't a good source as the sound isn't what you would hear in person.

Best thing to do is look and listen around you. Hear a sound you like, ask the driver what it is. Be prepared for a talking to. Folks love to talk about their mods. I would think a Borla sounds good on a jeep. But if you want a flowmaster go with something like a supper 40. 44 is the next one louder then the super 10...

Doing the outside of the tub or inside or both?

Reason I ask is if you are doing the inside plan on re-installing any carpet you have in the jeep. That stuff radiates some serious heat from the tranny and exhaust pipe. I burn my feet and legs every summer and I have to put beach towels down if I plan to drive on an hour long or longer trip.

As stated before, no comparison in the two (Rhino vs Line-X). Both completely different products with pros and cons to each. Maybe not so for a jeep. However, a major difference for a truck or trailer...

Ok folks, just got back from Jamaica so I'm around again. Sorry. I still have theses so who wants them? Cleaning off the porch and getting the yard ready for some minor construction...

New Castle Delaware off 295 and Rt. 9. I can see the Delaware Memorial Bridge from my porch. Anyone is welcomed to try them on. I wouldn't expect anything less. I got them from a guy selling the top and was told he kept the doors from the old top by never used them. Traded the jeep on a new JK and took the new top off to sell it. I got the top and supposely correct doors. Well they don't work with the top so selling them to clean off the porch as I have no need for them...