Posts by PacoPirate

I went out to the beach this weekend and didn't realize that my four-wheel-drive wouldn't engage. Didn't figure it out until I tried to leave and buried my rear axle. After much digging I finally realized that my front wheels were not turning. Fiddled with the shifter a little bit and it finally engaged, but it's a pain in the butt to move around and all kinds of jacked up. Is it just a matter of adjusting the shackle? Is it possible that my transmission is actually jacked up? Anyway I'm not much of a Gearhead, where can I take this thing down here and Lewess? Maybe I just get them to set it to four-wheel high and leave it there. It never really goes anywhere except my garage to the beach and back.

Five years in the making and we finally got our Beachhouse and Lewes. I’ve been waiting to get my jeep garage kept again, and as you would expect it is not what it used to be in 2006. I am getting a squeak when I accelerate slowly and a little bit of a shake that I can feel in the steering wheel now. I have replaced my woody driveshaft once, and I’m thinking that this may be the same thing. I am not overly mechanically inclined, and my mechanic in Middletown is now out of the picture. Does anybody have a clue as to how to diagnose this or a decent mechanic here in slower lower Delaware that specializes in jeeps? I have screwed up the Geometry of this thing pretty good with a tummy tuck SYE and 3.5” lift.

Want it beach worthy... plan to be here every weekend at the Cape.
    On a side note, For those of you in Lewes Delaware, where do you park on the beach most of the time? I usually go in front of the radar station in Henlopen

Been off the boards for awhile... nice to see the same names out there :)

Getting new tires and wheels tomorrow... putting them on this weekend.
    Tires are about 8 years old but plenty of tread... I have 4. Steelies are in fair shape. It's an 06 with only 45K on it... don't have the chance to drive it too often.
    :jeep:
    Good for a spare or u could take all 4... I will try to get some pics up soon...

Make an offer...

1. Stafford (I don't think I can win plus I'll probably be organizing Schaefer's)
    2. whatevah (managing poker run)
    3. Kuntryboy816 + the whole fam damily - poker run
    4.Skeets682 - poker run from the south
    5.Blkrubi - poker run from the south
    6. Captain II (I can help with set up just let me know)
    7. Captain In for the Poker Run
    8.Imarammr+1 poker run
    9. Slimer + who knows in for Poker Run and a beer or 2
    10.Sandtostand plus 3 ( i'll be scoping out the local boat ramps, hoping to find a good one to ditch the jeep in the canal) pile of
    11. Keith.eric for the Poker Run
    12. Grningbear + family - poker run
    13. Quadna & Icky - both doing the poker run and coming up from the south.
    14. YJDave & Maggie Poker run from the north
    15. Shorebird and Sandy, poker run south if I'm not too late.
    16. PacoPirate and the Mrs.(My home turf... have to make a cameo)

My 2006 TJ needs some new shoes. My tires still have tread but I'm looking to smooth out the ride a little bit.
    I've got 12.5 x 33's on Cragar steelies. I'm going to get on TireRack or some other web seller and just get 5 tires mounted and balanced. looking for rims and rubber. I want to get some lighter aluminum rims and tires that aren't as aggressive as my current treads.

My question.... Should I stay with 15" rims? I assume I can get my bolt pattern on bigger rims. I want to stay with 33" x 12.5" or close to it if possible.... I'm not sure what to look for while shopping though. What offset do I need, and what tire sizes make the most sense.

When I'm done, my current set is up for grabs... plenty of tread.

Any and all input appreciated....

my rear shocks are shot... Not sure what size I need to replace them.
    The shocks say Doetsch Tech with 2 numbers on it. QO7472 And DT3265 but I can't find it on the web...

It's been 6 years, probably discontinued. I have an 06 TJ with a 3.5" lift. A 2" body lift too though I don't think that matters. Any suggestion on a replacement for the rear? Size? Brand?

The burned me on not having covers on my KC daylighters... If you have lights above the headlights they need covers.
    I drove home, put them on, got inspected. Drove home and took them off. Silly.

Thanks for info.
    Rust is exterior on the body armor. My rocker guards are becoming a mess too. I got a lousy powder coating job and it's already pitting.
    My SYE is already installed. Just saying it's a pretty modified drive train that tends to irritate OEM mechanics.

I'm swapping the carrier, spider gears and bearings this week. I'm going to see how that goes first.
    If it's a fail, I'll follow up on the suggestions. I'm in M-Town so Dover is no big deal. I need to keep this thing alive a few more years.
    Hope to build some summer beach digs in Lewes in 2017, and that was the whole point of having this thing..... so close...

Been awhile since I have been on the boards... Life has gotten in the way.
    I have been remiss not only with the boards, but also with my jeep. I may need to have my ring and pinion replaced.
    Kind of complicated given the tummy tuck and SYE installed. Any ideas on who to take it to for that?

Also, it's starting to rust... as they tend to do. I want to bead blast and prime it, and hit it with Line-X, or rhino line it.
    Any good shops out there that would do that? I can be tempted to just have it all done. I don't have a good space to work on it anymore, not to mention the weather is going to make it tough soon.

Thanks for any and all input.......