Posts by Deebo

Took the valve cover off and determined not on the top end. Sounds like bottom of engine; wrist pin, bearing, etc.... Now weighing my options ($$$$$)on getting it fixed or buying a new or rebuilt engine. Either way it freaking sucks :bang:

What i thought was a sticky lifter got a whole lot louder today......neighbor/backyard mechanic thinks its a collapsed lifter, noise still there at higher rpms but not as loud. No lost power, but the noise is unbearable. Anyone know how much a garage charges to fix? 98 tj with 69k, 4 cyl.

Would that fix the gas gauge? This morning it read empty and the fuel light was on, this afternoon it had 3/4 of a tank ( like I knew it did). Can't gauge what kind of mpg I'm getting, I keep dumping gas in it cause I don't trust it yet. I'm aware that this is going to be a learning process :driving:

Just bought for 5k, 69,000 miles, 4 speed, soft top. Has 205's but upgrading to 31x10.5x15 on some AR black wagon wheels....... Having problems with the dash though. Gauges on dash keep flicking on and off, randomly, but especially if it sits for more than a few days. Third vehicle so not an everyday rider. Any guesses? also soft top is "outland"? and apparently shot(shrunk).....new zipper installed but just a temp fix till spring. any suggestions? ??? :rollsmile: