Posts by Deebo

Well, after doing some research, I decided to tackle the job myself. I borrowed a flare tool from work, then bought 5 ft of preflared steel line and a union at napa. The hardest part was flaring the old line at the union for fear of snapping it. Didn't have time to bleed and test, so I will repost once done. If all else fails, I'll be taking a trip up to fair hill just for you JEEPKID. Already got the garage slated for sunday, hopefully i won't need it. The shop is "BOZO's" Jerry.

Blew a brake line on my way home yesterday. Pedal went to the floor on 896. Not fun. Its the steel line where it goes to the coupling into the flex/braded line under the drivers door. Line rusted through at one of the 90s. This is more technical than I'm comfortable doing myself. Anyone here ever had experience with this repair?

Are they selling dates with the women or a bait launcher? I'm not complaining, but that was the weirdest ad for a product

I caught on 2 years ago about that size on bunker at the cape. Didnt have a cool launcher, had to swim mine out on my boogie board.

I would assume that releasing with the best chance of survival is meant to keep people from clubbing the shark or cutting the fins off. I intend to catch a shark this year, and would more than likely cut the line, rather than risk further injury to shark or myself.

Well you could always get the new liberty since it won't see mud and it will just be to go shopping in

Hey when Amanda asks me to get groceries, i can just hop in my TJ and get them.... unless you got the Flintstone moblie, looks like your non jeep runnin ass is starvin :razz:

Go buy a new Rubi and I'll trade you my 2010 Sport running on 35's :up: Deal?

Or I'll trade you my TJ and Tacoma for your JK :up:

So the other day, my wife said out of the blue " You can get a JK if you get rid of your jeep and truck". At first i tried to broker the deal so that i keep the truck and sell the jeep, but after she's seen the prices of new JK's I don't think its gonna happen. My goal is a 4 door with 35's but apparently there are a few routes to take.

1. Buy a "customized" jeep from adams, all work has been done, warrantied, but $9000 additional on the sticker.
    2. Buy a base model (sport) and do the work myself
    3. Buy a rubicon and be happy for awhile, then add some mods down the road.

buying a rubicon seems kinda silly, because it looks like i will be removing alot of the extra options that i paid for. I'm not very educated in JK's or rubicons so is this the case?

Drove up to Bozo's shop, new tranny mount in, took about an hour. Surprisingly skid plate came off pretty easy, no broken bolts. The old one didn't look so bad once it came out, so I thought just pissed $40 down the drain. What a difference! Its like driving a totally different vehicle. No rattles, smooth shifting, and no more vibration :lie: . Kinda makes driving this thing fun again. Now on to the next problem....

Anyone replaced on of these? I've been having alot of rattling that i can feel in the shifter when hitting bumps, upshifting, downshifting etc. I'm wondering if my rubber has worn out and if so it could cause problems like that. I looked between the skid plate and crossmember and can see a small gap. Sound like the culprit?

You know you can't use an old tag to display the current sticker, right?

Yeah, had other plans for it. I have seen people use one on the beach and get away with it, but i wanna put it on my Audi. I just think it would look pretty nice on there. The black ones were issued in the early 70's i believe.

Does anyone have a vintage delaware surf tag they want to part with, black with white lettering? Or any year with the number 2920. Or anyone know where to find one? Checked ebay, and antique tag site but no luck.