Posts by deadfeat

Quote from "scramblejim"

When youre doing an oil pan gasket, Ive found it easier to use a little RTV to tack the gaskets in place on the pan before trying to lift it up with 4 separate gaskets trying to hold them in place. You can also run bread ties through them to hold them in the general area to at least get a couple bolts started....

Beter yet, buy a urathane 1 piece formed gasget. These things work great. About $20.

Steve

DEJA 3rd Annual Surf Fishing Tournament

When: July 3rd. Begins 8am. Ends at 2pm.
    Where: Cape Henlopen State Park. Herring Point Crossing.

Contest:
    A pool will be collected $5/person. It will be split for the biggest and the most fish.

All fish count (except your bait!) Skates, Sharks, Oyster Crackers, Crabs. It's all good!

Surf Fishing Permits are $50 and are available at any Delaware State Park with a ranger station. (Lums, Brandywine Creek , Henlopen...)
    It's a yearly pass and will get you into all state parks as well as 5 or 6 surf fishing beaches.

What to bring:
    Insect repellent, Sunscreen, dogs on leash, your kids, beer (in cans) , whatever you want that is legal and fun.

Steve

There is camping at the Henlopen camp site. I am staying at 154. There are other local camp sites as well. You can even stay out all night on the beach but you are supposed to be actively fishing.

I am installing a loc right in my front Scout Dana 44. If you want to be able to turn, and can't afford an ARB it's a good choice. You caould also buy a carrier and use a lunch box locker. But since you will have your gears out anyway, go Tru Track.

Steve

Last week I bought a set of Dana 44s from a 78 Scout II to put under my CJ. WooHoo! :rollsmile:

Here is the plan for the Rear
    o Clean up axles, Rebuild rear brakes.
    o 4:10s and Detroit. Master Rebuild Kit.
    o New Spring Perches, Ubolts.

Front is a little more tricky and I have 2 choices because the front axle has the spring perch integrated on the pumpkin on the short side to keep it centered.

Scenario 1: Move my front springs outboard. (1.5 inches outside of the frame.) This might be a little better stability and easily fabricated with some "T" iron and a little welding.

Scenario 2: Cut Down the log side by 3" and cut the shaft and re-spline. This isn't a bad choice because the front is 2" wider than the rear so the front would end up just 1 inch narrower.

In either case, the front knuckcles need to be removed and re-welded 7 degrees for better caster. (the Scouts had Zero degrees until 1980). I also plan to use the outers from my dana 30 because they are all new and I can use all the existing brake parts and rotors. Also will be putting in a True Track.

Waiting for some special funding to come in and hope to get them under my Jeep and rolling By July.

Steve