Posts by vbquick1

I took my Cj-7 through the DMV tonight and passed everything except for tire width. They told me the tires are only allowed to stick out past the fender flares one inch and mine were two inches. I have 33x12.50’s and thought I would be fine.....looks like they have tightened up on that rule quite a bit.

Does anyone have a set of small tires I could borrow for inspection purposes (5x5.5 bolt pattern)? I could get them back to you the same day I borrow. I live in Middletown.

I just went thru a few days ago, and failed horribly. They did ask for a charcoal canister and I told them that another DMV inspector had advised me I didnt need it. Slimer is right, they cannot hook to your tank because they don't have the proper cap. They did do a test to my gas cap. It seemed to me that they have tightened up on the rules, or I just picked the wrong lane. They inspector I had seemed new, he had to keep going to other inspectors and asking questions. He didnt know what kind of vehicle I was driving either, he put me in as a Wagoneer (I have a CJ7). They hit me on the markers, I have flush mount in the rear and tube fenders up front. They failed me for both front and rear markers and reflectors, my tires stuck out too far, and my emissions.

Im interested. Let me know what model it is. I was leaning toward fuel injection, however it seems that most of the affordable kits out there right now are having issues. It seems they are getting close to a good product, but for right now I am going to stick with a carb. The Fitech, Holley Sniper, MSD Atomik, and Fast kits are using ECU's that are being mass manufactured and the reliability doesnt seem to be there yet.

Looking for one in decent shape. Going to try this before going to fuel injection. Interwebs say this is the closest you can get to fuel injection performance on the trails without going to fuel injection.

My seats had faded from black to purple. I tried the Dupli Color Vinyl and Fabric paint and it seemed to work pretty well. The fabric feels a little bit rough, but I can live with it. It may get better as they wear again.

The rear axle in my CJ is moved back 4 inches. Because of this I was experiencing interference when the suspension compressed. I could not justify spending 1k on the Genright kit, so I decided to order their skid plate and modify it. I read a thread on Pirate where a few guys have done similar mods to the stock skids and were still able to squeeze their plastic tank back in using a heat gun. So I gave it a try.

most likely the inside has corroded and is causing resistance or a short somewhere. Often times when you drop something electronic into water you need to rinse it with distilled water. You may still be able to try it and see if it rinses out whatever is messing it up?

Anyone have a set, or know where i can find a set of Chevy Flat Top knuckles from a D44. Looks like k5 or k10 models between 1973 and 1976.5 are what I need. Going on a Front Scout 44 with 5x5.5 bolt pattern. I am going to need a set of ford rotors and lockouts to get the bolt pattern at 5x5.5, but I will probably just buy those new. I am thinking the pick and pull in Elkton may be my best shot. [size=78%] [/size]

I have also looked at that and read reviews on pirate about it. It seems decent enough for occasional use. I was reluctant to spend that much on it due to the fact that I will only likely use it for this one set of tires. If we got 3 people total to jump on board it would cut the cost to $30 each. I may be up for that.