Posts by vbquick1

Hey guys, I have been out of the game for about 6 years, and I am looking to buy another CJ7. I dont have time to build like I used to so something that doesn't need alot of work is preferable. Jeep will be mostly trail, but I would like to get it tagged so that I can take it for an occasional drive on the road. I have been looking on pirate, rausch, and Rockcrawler Classifieds on FB and haven't had any luck. I know its a long shot, but I thought I would throw it out there to see what I can find.

I am looking for 7 standard 12v relays....just the cheap ones that come with most vehicle accessories. I used to have a whole box of them in the garage, but I threw them away during the last move. I am looking to bypass a circuit board in my sons powerwheels firetruck. The circuit boards are unavailable, so I found a way to bypass it with relays. I figured I would check to see if you guys had any extras laying around before I go out and buy new. I am in the Middletown area.

I had a terrible customer service experience with Carman while buying my truck. I filed a complaint with the BBB against them. Hopefully the first and the last time I have to do that....but I will never go back there again. I take every opportunity the bash the hell out of the place. Mistakes happen, but its how the mistakes are resolved that matters most.

I wouldn't worry as much about the contact patch as I would about the sidewall strength in a slide. If you drop it too far on the street, just to get a good contact patch, you may weaken your sidewall strength to the point of losing a bead should you become involved in a lateral skid. If you break the bead at that point, you'll likely dig the rim in and flip er over.

Good intentions, bad idea. Driving your own vehicle, which is insured by you, is a bad idea. If you wreck, you will be responsible for the loss or damages to your vehicle and also any injuries to your passengers. The state will not cover you, unless you have a written document from a state official, which would have to be approved through a state attorney, and I highly doubt that the club would ever get that. Most of us have no training, only experience in the areas of 4x4, and most or all of your experience is non-documented in any sort of training record. 20 years ago, I would have thought this idea was good, but now.....society is too litigious. The state would never endorse a program where essential personnel and their safety would be in the hands of an unknown driver. No background check, no license check, no insurance check.... it would be crazy. On the bright side, At least if something were to happen they would go after the state and your insurance company, because thats where the deeper pockets are.

Considering the amount of snow we typically get now it's probably an un-needed service.

x2....I'm normally out during State of Emergency situations and I have never heard a Dr, Nurse, or anyone else complain about not being able to get to work. You can either get there, you can't, or your employer will provide you with transportation.

I tested one of the new cop cars with the a newly designed LED Light bar. I fired up the take downs and alley lights at the same time on a dark road..... I literally laughed out loud...it was amazing how they lit up the night. I felt like I could see forever. I cant imagine what you can get on the civilian side. From the rock crawler side, i would stick to under body lighting to preserve night vision, just speaking from experience. No one wants a guy with headlights or offroad lighting around them on the trails...it just blinds everyone around you.

Thats what gave me the idea to look for it, so I could check my facebook photos to make sure they have been stripped. But after I downloaded it and checked a couple photo sites...I found it helpful to view setting. Most of the ones posted on here are stripped also, but some of them show up. Not the GPS, just the camera settings.

I found an extension for Chrome the other day that is pretty cool. It is called Exif Viewer. Whenever you are browsing a web page with photos, it automatically displays basic Exif in the top left corner of the photo.