Posts by Erock

these passes are only for DE State Park beaches. if you want the standard pass, you would have to try to get one as soon as they come out. they sold out in may last year, and i think in february this year. they go on sale in december for the next year, i think. the off peak passes are a new thing for this year since the standard ones sold out so fast and people were upset. i dont know if they have gone on sale yet.

welcome! nice jeep. another place to get the jeep of pavement is the drive on surf fishing beaches. they sold out of permits for this year, but the state said they will be introducing an "off peak" surf fishing permit that you should still be able to get if you wanted. note, the permit is to allow you drive on access to fish, not joy ride on the beach. that said, many in the club do it, fish, and have fun on the beach together

honestly, a factory style bestop is probably your best bet. I had one on my jeep from 2006 till 2020. it was very easy to use and never leaked.

last year I changed to the frameless top with the flip back front portion of the roof. if just flipping the roof back, its super easy and quick. the rest of the top can come apart fine, but it fits so tight, that its a 30 minute ordeal with a bunch of 4 letter words and skin ripped off my fingers to get it back together. it may get easier in time or if I play with the sequence a bit

Aaron Stapen @astape is the go to guy in the club that does them. he does them at his home in north Wilmington. he has probably done most of the clubs gear swaps, including mine. good work, fair prices. the biggest challenge is typically his schedule, sometimes he has a long project on his lift.

how much noise reduction did you get with doing the roof? I feel like I never get a lot of noise from above, but it seems like those that do it say its worth it

it would be our first! Checking hotels. I guess green. Is that one up from Mall Crawler?

green is essentially fire access road style, maybe just slightly more. a stock jeep can typically do green and blue. either way, you will definitely have fun

also, make sure to not tighten them when on a lift / jack stand. you want it together, but loose, and sitting on the ground when you tighten.

does the jeep move "normally" when you get in or bounce on the bumper?