Posts by Erock

with the bed liners, they will be tough, but hard to clean. some will also fade in the sun.

a few years ago, I spray painted an xj. the nice thing about that is if I got a scratch or scuff, I could just grab the can and touch it up easily

the fan shroud makes a lot of difference in the efficiency of the fan, especially when not moving.

have you recently removed the shroud and the problem just started, or is there no relation to the timing of this problem and the removal of the shroud?

it could also be the fan clutch

I found the keys. they go in the lock easily, but you have to play with it to get it to turn and open. I opened and closed the lock twice just now, but it took a few minutes. right now I have the lock off the pin. the rack is usable that way since the pin threads in and clamps to the receiver. new/replacement locks are still available for this model. I found some on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Yakima-…ock&qid=1597927651&sr=8-3

whatever you want to do is fine with me.

it holds 4 bikes. it has a threaded pin that tightens to the hitch. each bike support can slide on the support bar so you can adjust how close individual bikes are to each other. It is my old rack and I haven't used it in a while, so I just need to confirm the keys in my glovebox are the ones that unlocks the hitch pin. I will try to do that today. I am thinking about $80

I think it looks like the love child of a Wrangler and a Toyota FJ Cruiser. I think it could have been a better. I like the F-150 styling better. The technology seems pretty good though.

I have a TJ Bestop for sale. It has no tears, holes, or leaks. You will get the header bar, top, side windows, rear windows, tailgate bar, tailgate bar body brackets, door surrounds, upper door skins, and complete frame. Only selling because I upgraded to a top with the sunrider feature.

$100 in oxford PA

$53, crap...didn't it used to be $35?? that's a lot. that makes anthracite much more appealing, $48 gets you 2 days there

I guess that the RC free camping is a big price-offset though. anyone know if aoaa has plans for onsite camping?

btw, sorry to derail

I sincerely hope the guys who worked for Zach pick up the ball and keep the shop open. Given the state of the pandemic, etc I would venture to guess they haven't been sitting around waiting to do that and have hopefully found other jobs so I'd say the odds of it happening are, unfortunately, probably low. Maybe they'll clear out inventory at some point.

I was just wondering about that the other day. they closed doors a few months ago, and this virus came around when i guessed they might be opening up. i am sure it would be hard to be out of work for this long. i hope they do open back up. it was/is a great company

After trying to do the same kind of thing from CO to Moab to Cali, I can say that simplicity is much better than tight schedules with multiple destinations

that may be so, but even though I don't go a lot, it starts to feel like an animal in a cage at a zoo...there is only so much you can do in a small area and it starts to feel silly doing 13 tiny loops that crisscross each other in one day.

it wouldn't have to be a tight schedule, it could be 4 hours of wheeling a day with lots of time at camp. or plan a 3 or 4 day trip and allow for 4-5 days. camp when it works, not where you put an x on a map. I agree, you don't want to feel rushed through the trip, but it would be nice to feel like you are actually going somewhere and truly exploring rather than never getting more than 5 miles from the parking lot and vending machines.

--note, this is coming from someone who likes to do multi-day back-country backpacking trips. I enjoy feeling like I am getting away from things

I have owned neither, but I have spent a bit of time in both, highway, back roads, and trails. the JL is much nicer. it has a great highway ride, the interior is a huge upgrade, and it has room for bigger tires than the JK. if you don't want to mod it a lot, you can fit 35s on it with no suspension work, 37s with a spacer lift. maybe @ConcreteCharlie can chime in. he owned a JKU and now own a JL

I may be interested. 600 miles may be a bit farther than I would want to go. are there any good places in northern pa or in ny state?

also, it would be cool if there was a place big enough where we could map out a multi-day trail route and camp each night along the way. that would make it seem more like an adventure rather than do small loops from a central parking lot.