Posts by Erock

so its a 1998 TJ, 2.5L 5spd with about 90,000 miles. The last time I drove it was last Saturday and everything was fine, ran good - no problems. I havent touched it since and went to start it today. It will crank and crank but wont start. So my thoughts are no fuel or no spark. Well when I turn the key to the on position, i can hear the "buzz" of the fuel pump. The buzz will last as long as i have the key in the on position - is that normal? (on my dad's tahoe, it will only stay on for about a second then stop). Also, i had my girlfriend try to start it while i stuck my nose in the tail pipe to try to see if i could smell any fuel (kids, dont try that at home). I dont think i smelled anything, if i did, it was so faint that i am not sure if i smelled it, or willed myself to smell fuel. I tried adding some fuel (2.5 gal) to the tank just to rule out an empty tank and no changes.

That was about all i could try tonight. Not sure where to go next.

Any help would be greate.

Thanks
    -eric

where are you getting a spring compressor for 20 bucks? autzone you can rent one for 100 bucks and then when you return it they give you your money back. and honestly something under that much load i would not want to be as cheap as possible.

harbor freight

given that thi lift is 100% bolt on and that you jeep should be rust free since its an 07, basic mechanic skills should get you through it with out problem. if you have a spring compressor (cheap one $20) it will be much quicker. other good tools for suspension work are a pry-bar, big hammer & rubber/plastic mallet, come-along or strong ratchet straps.

good luck. lets know how it goes and post some before and after pics

all you need to know:

Jeep = Just Empty Every Pocket :rollsmile:

Quadratec is a good resource and there are alot of toys out there. if you are not too experienced in jeep modifications, you can save alot of money and time by talking to the guys on here first and buying the right thing the first time. there is a lot of knowledge and jeep wisdom on this site.

welcome and happy jeeping!

x2 on the spacer lift. it will provide you with more off road capability than you would expect and most likely take you over anything that you are comfortable pointing your jeep at. with a 2 inch spacer lift and a 1-1.25 body lift, you will be able to run 33's. This will also keep your road manners close to stock.

good luck and let us know how it goes

you might to consider adding a capacitor. when the subs are working hard, they draw alot of power. they can draw it faster than your jeep can produce it. the capacitor acts like a buffer for this. it will store power when the subs are not hitting (between beats) and allow them to get what they do need when they do hit. this falls in line with the increase of severity of the problem with higher volumes.

if you decide to go with one, capacitors typically require a trained expert to install.

i have seen alot of shocks with out the boots where the rod has surface rust...will a boot keep out most of the water and prevent that, or will it just hold in what little does get in?

my right rear got a little melted by my exhaust, but i have left it on assuming that it was there for a purpose besides looks...

i guess i could just take them off and be just as well off?

also, will some rods rust and others not?

If you had plans for 35's why didn't you consider that before the re-gear??

well, i picked 4.88 for a couple reasons...

first, with a d30, d35 i dont believe you can go past 4.88, and

when i was told to re-gear, i told of my plans to go to 35's and this what people said to do

i guess that i thought i would feel like i would be running higher rpm's than i wanted when i went to 4.88's and that 35's would bring it to the "sweet spot". i didnt figure that i would like this setup so much.

so i just re-geared with the help of Aaron (astape). he is awesome to work with. i am very happy with the jeep now. it is nicer around town, nicer on the highway, and nicer on hills. it is so nice that i am now concerned.

my jeep is a 4 banger with the ax-5. it came from the factory with 28 inch tires and 4.10 gears. i quickly put on 33 inch tires and left the gears alone. after a few years with 33's and the 4.10's i got fed up and was ready to replace the engine. i put up a new thread asking about an engine swap and was told by everyone to regear. so i did. and like i said, i am very happy. 33's and my new 4.88 gears is a very nice set up. i have always planned on going to 35's. my concern is that i am so happy with it now, i am afraid to mess with it. i want to know how much of a loss in in pep i will notice with 35's. i already know the math and comparisons of the tires and gears, but i wanted some feedback from some of you guys who could give some "real world experience" input. will 35's with the 4.88's still be ok or will i loose too much?

oh, if it makes any difference, i have the interco trxus mt's now and would buy the new mtr's from goodyear. i presume the goodyears would roll better(?).

thanks in advance for the input

here is a website that will provide you with alot of information in regards to where you can go and general other state park info. I am pretty sure that if you go they require you to have additional equipment including a shovel, board, tow rope, etc..... ii suggest clicking on the rules link.

http://www.destateparks.com/ac…ng/surf-fishing/index.asp

i have always enjoyed cape henlopen and they are dog friendly.

the tires you have will work very well on the sand. as many have said, airing to 15 psi should work well. i know people that have run those tires as low as 10 psi, but i dont think you will need to. depending on when you want to go, it may be a good idea to try to meet up with some guys from here and they can give you tips and advice on air pressure and sand driving when you actually do get in the sand.

good luck