Posts by Erock

where did you buy the black center cap? i have the chrome centers from cragar wheels and have been looking for black for a while.

this sounds like a really awesome eveni, i really hope that i can make it up there for this.

something i would be interested in, is some coaching on how to wheel with a locker and learn some of the new capabilities of my vehicle. i just got one and know that while it can help you get out of a lot, you can also get into a lot more trouble. :driving:

i already have 33's, have had them for a year and a half. it is a dog, i will almost never take it on the highway. i do, however, get 17+ mpg. it is not my daily driver so the slowness is not a huge deal. in the long long run, i will probably do an engine swap which is why i dont want to re-gear now and would prefer to not do an sye

slick, i didnt see an sye listed under your mods, did you have any vibes with your RE 3.5?

i already have 4.10's i may regear, but not for a few years

im planning the next step in my jeep mods and it will be more lift. right now i have 2 inch spacers and no tc lowering kit with no vibes at all. i am looking at two kits,

Rustys 3 Inch:
    http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/m…&Category_Code=sus_tj_kit

and

Cage 4 Inch
    http://www.quadratec.com/products/16400_303.htm

I like the Cage kit better for a couple reasons...progressive rate coil springs, nitrogen shocks, and more clearance. The cost between these 2 kits is not really an issue.

My question is, with the Cage lift, will i have any driveline vibes? It does come with a tc lowering kit and i am pretty sure that the rear driveshaft on a 2.5L is a bit longer to start than the 4.0L. Also, if it does have vibes, at what speed will it kick in(i cant go any faster than 65ish with the 4 banger). and last question, if i would have a vibe with the 4 incher, would a motor mount lift help that. I know the best answer is sye and longer driveshaft, but that would send me over budget with either kit.

not a dealerhip, but more of a general garage...
    i have not had any work done with this guy yet, but some other people in deja have and they have been happy with him. i am having him do a locker install next week and his cost estimate was about half that of other places i have gone. when i met him, i really liked him and he seems like a good honest guy to do business with, plus he knows lifted/modified jeeps

Pete's Garage
    petesgarage.procarcarezone.com
    707 Dawson Dr
    Newark, DE 19713
    (302) 286-6069

hope this helps, let us know how it turns out

i was reading another post up here and came across a jeep that was getting water in when it rained. someone mentioned that it could be a clogged drain from in front of the windshield/firewall area that dripped thru the heat ducts. i think i might have this problem. my question is...where is this drain located, and how to i clean it out? thanks for the input

sure did, i figured that it would help build a good working relationship between the club and a shop. that sort of thing is really beneficial to everyone...he gets more business, and we have somebody that is more familiar with our type of vehicle

went over to pete's today to get an estimate. i was able to meet pete and he seems like a real stand up guy. quoted me a very fair price and seems real sharp. as soon as i get the $$ i think i will have him do it. thanks for the good tip ;D

yea, i want to do a trail run pretty soon, but i have 2 blown shocks from my last trip and i am waiting to get my lift since it comes with shocks, also i would like to get this ox in before i hit the trails again, ie i want to play with my new toy ;D, i just need some help in setting the gears which seems like a pretty technical job. i would like to do it my self, but alot of people are saying to have a pro do it...i just dont want to spend what a shop will charge for a job like that, and i like doing my own work and figuring out how everything works

right now i have a 2 inch spacer lift and 1 inch body lift. within the next few months, i am gonna buy a 4 inch Cage lift and keep the body lift

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16400_303.htm

as far as trails, blue and red at rausch, and some mud in the pine barrens

as far as the crawl speed, i do have 4.10's so i can still go pretty slow, slower than most of the other guys i wheel with (most have 3.73's). but that is a good point and something that i have thought about

i have the 2.5L, stock gears, and stock transfer case, so im not putting a ton of torque through my driveline. I dont plan on re-doing my gears, and dont plan on doing a 4:1 transfer case. i am on 33's. With the ox, i bought high strength axle shafts (effectively a super 35 kit).

sorry for the lack of an introduction...and i am in the process of becoming a member

My name is Eric. i have been in DE my whole life and a jeep owner for a bit over 2 years. I was introduced to DEJA last year at the Jeeps for Joy ride and met Don Nichols (who i learned used to work with my dad). So far my build has been slow since it was being done on a college budget. Now that im able to do some of the more involved stuff, i thought it would be good to become a member of one of these clubs and figured that one of del natives would be best.

again, sorry for the lack of "forum etiquette"

I just bought an OX Locker and high strength axle shafts for the back of my jeep. I have never taken apart a diff before and need some help with the install. I know that the ring gear needs to be removed since i am using a new carrier but as far as i know, the pinion gear can stay in. I would really like to have someone come over and help me with the install (pizza and beer will be provided for duration of install), but any help would be welcome.