Posts by Freebird1992

So i broke down last weekend in my 53 willy's on the side of quite crowded route 4 by christiana hospital. After some help from some construction workers pushing the jeep into the parking lot and taking a look under the hood, even at 17 years old i could tell i screwed something up :help: After looking for a minute I realized that when i redid the wiring, i forgot to hook the 6v generator up to the battery :bang: so after calling my dad and towing it back, i hooked everything back up, but my charger was reading that the battery was damaged. So my dad and I tried a super jump using 12V cables which did bring it back to life enough to charge. This experience did, however, get my attention. I was thinking what would happen if i did need a jump out on the road? Since my Jeep is a 6V, i am thinking it's not a great idea to jump with a 12v. I have heard that you can turn the lights and electronics off of both cars, hook the cables up, look away and pray to god battery acid doesnt fly everywhere from an explosion, this doesn't seem to be the safest thing. I'm no electrical engineer but i was thinking it shouldn't be too hard to come up with something that has jumpers on one end, a voltage box that brings in 12v and puts out 6v, and the other side of the jumpers on the other end. Any thoughts?

Hey, so I am a brand new jeeper and I have a couple of questions. I have a 1953 willy's cj3b with pretty much stock everything except i put 265's on it and i have a rollbar (roll cage soon). What kind of stuff can these old jeeps handle? I know these old 134's only put out about 75 horses, but i think the gearing is pretty low. I am just wondering what she'll handle and if i need to start lookin for something a bit newer to handle any offroading (I do not have the money to do major mods or anything to it). Lastly, if i did want to sell/trade it, how much is a jeep like this worth? on a 1-5 scale i would rate it probably at a 2 or 2.5. Like what could i expect to get out of it?