Posts by Jump150

Thanks, for the words.. Most of that is just wax that I put on (I know I know jeeps are allergic to wax.) I guess I didnt get it off. I'll take some more pics to show what it looks like cleaned up.

I couldnt pass it up, the only thing it really needs are some new gears.. and well maybe a V8. I wont take it out on the trails until I get the 4.88's installed, but a friend just bought a matching JKU Sahara that already has the 4.88's so we may be going up on the run after Thanksgiving.

Its a 2007 JK Unlimited X with all the options including Hard/Soft tops and power accessories.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i609.photobucket.com/al…%20Unlimited/IMG_4127.jpg[/img]
    It has a Rustys 3.25" lift with Fab Four bumpers front and rear including a Warn 9000 winch
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i609.photobucket.com/al…%20Unlimited/IMG_4128.jpg[/img]
    35" AT Extremes have 3/4 tread, it just needs some 4.88 gears to make driving more enjoyable.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i609.photobucket.com/al…%20Unlimited/IMG_4130.jpg[/img]
    Even has some Skid Row belly protection
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i609.photobucket.com/al…%20Unlimited/IMG_4133.jpg[/img]

Cant wait to get it out on the trail after I sneak onto Aarons lift to put in some 4.88's. Its nice to have a jeep in the garage again.

Don

I thought those rear springs were going to be noisy in that mounting configuration. and the steering looks pretty good considering the lack of sleep you were running on. That was a lot of work to get done in one weekend, and I was impressed to hear monday morning that it was driveable..

and every build day should end with beers at Iron Hill on Main st.

oh and one more thing.. get some paint on it.. haha

Don

I stopped over at lunch yesterday and its looking good. Its almost looked like Aaron knew what he was doing. You are going to love the difference when you are done. And I noticed Aaron was talking on the phone in most of your photos.... I wouldnt let him bill me for those hours!!

Don (former spotter biatch)

Jeep91YJ
    He lives in Christianstead just around the corner from you.. and makes me want to check my YJ when I get home since I am only a street away from Andrew.. I bet they are the same guys that hit your jeep though

Don

Of course you annihilated that cone. I believe Aaron was spotting wasnt he. He's good at being told where to drive but not the other way around.
    Looks like you guys had fun, too bad I had to work.

Don (Mall Crawler Spotter on hiatus) Nichols

Dablo,
    You dont need a new axle. It appears as though just the mount has been torn FROM the axle. You just need to find someone to weld you on a new mount. And the steering box is leaking from the lower seal. Its not too hard to pull and replace the seal.

Don

Thanks Scott, and let me tell you. It has been REAL hard not to shoot you an offer on that Jeepster. The only problem was that I wanted fuel injection, and then opened up a can of worms that I dont have the time for!

Don

Well Guys, I am back in a jeep again. It has been a couple years since my last jeep, and I think most of you remember this jeep.

The only problem was that it was not streetable. It was a great trail jeep but not so much for the street and I wanted something that I could play on the street and trails. So I purchased my newest jeep off of Thunderdan.

It’s a 95 Sahara YJ with the 4.0l, 5speed, 3.5” lift and 33” BFG AT’s. (can you tell my daughter is excited?) It certainly wont be as a tough as the flattie was but when I need a dose of that, I will just take Aarons competition YJ for a spin.

I am going to be looking for a few parts (like those rear seat mounts so my daughter can ride) but other then that its going to stay on 33's.. nothing bigger I swear.. just keep Aaron out of my ear that is!

Don

Looking good, and its good to see you are busy working on it in free time and not just posting about your lunch on Pirate :razz: and if you happen to spot another one of those junky einches for that price pick it up and I'll pay you back. The heep is looking real good and I figure when its done its going to drive great on an offroad.

Don

Chris,
    Good to see you got it together and running. I would definitely be curious to take a ride once you get it dialed in. Its almost like you have 4 angry squirrels on speed. This also means you have no excuse for timing out on any obstacles next year :driving:

Don

Chris,
    We were glad to help, sorry we were so late that morning, but in the end we got it all setup and only had minor frostbite from working in a garage without heat.

Don