Posts by Jump150

You guys are tooooo funny. Kelly Housen actually lives on my street and owns a jeep TJ just like her sister, and they have gone on trail rides to paragon before. Heck, her sister just got a motorcycle and began waving to other bikers I'm sure. Its just a story they were having fun.

Don

Paul,
    It sounds as though as Slimer said its either a frozen caliper or a flexible brake line is collapsing. The Safest bet would be to replace the front calipers and brake lines to be safe. I know Addison would appreciate it. I should be home tonight and could stop by if you're around.

Don

Chris,
    When I first saw your pictures up top I thought to myself "man I thought Chris was taller then that" because that cage looked so short! Then you flipped it over and I realized that was the cradle for the tranny and t-case. :razz:
    Its looking good, but I am stil keeping my fingers crossed that there is a reason to hurry and get it finished in march. and I also hear someone in now cruising the streets in leather.. I'll have to check the new truck out sometime.

Don Needs to get back into shape for spotting Nichols

Zach,
    Its looking really nce, and as someonewho has ridden shotgun with Jim many times, I truly appreciate the cage that could save my life. I can truly see where you must have spent alot time to get the cage looking that nice and structurally sound.

Don

Trust me Aaron and I appreciated all the help that A to Z and HollyOak provided. Without your help we would not have had a chance to be out competing. and I agree the graphics on the jeep turned out nice I jsut wish I had time to buff the paint, but considering I painted it on the monday before the first competition, time was just tight. I certainly hope Quadratec helps out again next year, we didnt place as well as we would've prefered but we but on a good show!

Don
    NEUROC Paving Engineer

Thanks for the well wishes.. Keeping myself from being too active is going to be the hard part. and John I have to find a way to walk Neo soon. He has that look in his eyes like he is getting frustrated with me spending so much time on the couch.
    and I expected better jokes, but they still made me laugh.

Don

Well for those of you who didnt know, I have been in need of ankle reconstruction surgery for the past couple years. Although you couldnt tell from the way I was hoping around the rocks, there just wasnt much holding my left ankle together. So on 10/24 i went under the knife for fixing the peroneal tendon as well as as tendon replacement from a cadaver. I will now be in a cast for 8 weeks. (makes it hard to drive my daily driver with a clutch.) Heres a pic of me trying to make the best of it on Halloween with my daughter. This was just my way out of having to work on the Aaron's rig this winter.. LOL

Don

Jim, There was a line to take pics when it was stuck on the obstacle but I have yet seen one posted. Someone even gave me their camera and I took some pictures. Call Aaron and tell him to send you a couple. He has a camera

Of all the pics this next one is my favorite. Without the fans to come out and watch us the sponsors wouldnt support us. And who would think that Aaron would take the time to sign an Autograph :spinrhead:

and anyone know who did this custom tube work. LOL

Jim, those are some good photos. I didnt realize from my vantage point above that Aaron was that far over. I guess we know now why that #6 cylinder filled with oil.

John, the damage was done when we tried to start it on saturday when we first got it back on its wheels. I was trying to avoid dragging it up over the rocks and peeling the the tire off the rim like we did. It bend the rod or wristpin at that point. Thats why the rest of the day the motor was making noise and feeling rough. the worst part is, on sunday morning it was running great just before it let go. At least we went down in style.

Don

Well, lets give a little recap

Saturday began around 10:00am and on our first obstacle Aaron try to power uphill threw a rut. Unfortunately, this caused him to lift the nose and flop on the drivers side. I tried to pull it back on its wheels as Aaron drove in reverse, but the rig was happy on its side. I called time and asked for a recovery vehicle to winch us over. once back on our wheels, Aarons foolish spotter yelled start it up and lets go. (Not a wise decision) Aaron turned the key and quickly stopped when we heard noises we didnt like. We took the winch to get off the trail and Andrew (BlueJ) ran for tools. We removed the plugs and cranked the oil out of #6 cylinder..( not a good sign) This all while trying not use up all 20minutes to get to the next obstacle. Once the plugs were replaced she fired up and took care of the bug population with a clatter. I ran over to give our card to the next judges while bystanders and the photo crew from Quad(Jim and Don) helped seat Aarons front tire. We made it with seconds to spare, and ended up getting one of the top scores on the next obstacle. The rest of the day went smoothly and ended strongly in 3rd place and knocking on 2nd place.
    Sunday started excellent with us getting a perfect score on the first set of rocks. Then the excitement started. While Aaron was attempting the 2nd obstacle of the day. I heard a loud bang and watched something skip near my foot. The judge picked it up and asked 'whats blue?'. Oh crap, Aaron turn it off. The engine block is blue by the way. The #6 piston, connecting rod, or wristpin had given up and sent pieces of the camshaft thru the block. You could now see threw the engine and specators on the other side while the camshaft was in 3 pieces. And remember I said I had to tell Aaron to shut off the still running engine.
    So, as Aarons spotter I take the full blame forus dropping from a strong 2nd or 3rd finish to maybe 6th or 7th(out of 12). I was so upset about starting the comp with a DNF on the first obstacle I didnt think of the possible hydrolock problem. ( the jeep was never upside down or completely on its side, just leaning on its tailend and Aarons door cage.)

Lesson learned. always pull the plugs after a flop to prevent needing a new engine.

Don (Spotter should have known better) Nichols

Zach, but Aaron's normal spotter wouldnt have let him roll in the first place! (No offense Jim) and its good to hear that Dan will be back this weekend. He didnt get to show his true potential with spring mounts.

Dont Forget everyone whether you are cheering #609, #577, or the boys from florida with Chris spotting the weather is going to be PERFECT to watch smoe spectacular wheeling this weekend!

Don

hmmm, should I start a bidding war for my services.. LOL something tells me your boss wouldnt appreciate it too much!

Don (experienced NEUROC Spotter) Nichols

Andrew, get him to pinpoint exactly where hte smoke is coming from. There are so many things that could smoke on an XJ. get him to narrow it down.
    Don