Posts by Gren71

Good stuff
    I was farting around EBay today and found a couple sets but I couldn't really find much info on the product maker...so I'll probably just grab a set from Morris 4x4, at least I'll know they're quality

I am considering getting wheel spacers just to add a little width to the jeep. I dont have giant tires but im interested in the look.

I also have this idea that widening the wheel base a little would help maintain a little more stability on the road and the beach.

what size spacers does a 2013 JK 4 door need?

best i can find is 5.5 but I wanted to make sure

that heat tape would probably work well for the exhaust, add a little protection from ricks and such.

im sure it would get crushed with some intense wheeling, unfortunately i have yet to really get off road at a part so its all beach/dirt trails for me

would you be able to snap a pic of it with out the tips? i honestly didnt even think about that and im rather curious.

I got a hold of an inexpensive dynomax exhaust for the JKU recently. I wont be installing it until it warms up a bit but I was thinking that I am not a fan of two things...one is the chromed tips..and the other is how the muffler sits. Id like to paint both black when i get the chance.

The muffler shouldnt be an issue since its not really coated with any thing as far as i know...im probably just going to use a can or two of the high heat auto spray paint on that.

as for the tips...will the paint hold over the chrome coating? or would i need to treat it some how to prep it for painting?

Went out and got an aluminum bar thats a perfect fit and I'll be slowly customizing this bar together

Now to re package and return the other light set

you could also make a bracket to span the 3 mounts, out of bar stock from Home depot/lowes, and drill it to hold 2 lights that are better suited for your application.

This is GENIUS!

Probably going to do this one since there are a lot of nice 2 light kits

I recently bought an OEM front light bar off eBay for $80..not a bad deal really. Not my favorite, but the price was right haha

Problem is that it's pre set up for three lights.

I want to fill all three platforms that are on it but there are only two pre made light kits that I can find that that have 3 lighted. I have one...the lights are 6in diameter and huge...they just don't look right to me. Probably going to return them.

With that in mind....are there any other 3 light kits that have all the wipeing done? Or how could I go about splicing a 3rd light into a 2 light kit?

---------

The reason I like the kits is because they have all the components, relays, wires, and a switch for inside the jeep..a lot easier than cobbling everything together.

I bought the pebble smart watch in February and have loved it every day since. It's not as bulky as some of the others, but it's not touch screen or anything cool. Sort of a stripped down smart watch haha

But I think they're worth it. As long as you don't spend to much

It's made from steel but I wouldn't suggest sitting on it.
    Plenty string for Booz and good and other camping/fishing necessities

Ha! But dyno haha

That's for the intel. I'll keep at the search. It's still in the baby stages so there's no rush for me

Love the exhaust suggestions pictures haha

And thanks for the info whatevah, I was actually going to ask next what was the difference in an axel back and cat back but you already covered that

Now the next part..when you (or really any one who has) was it worth it?
    As in was the sound improved or does it sound line a walmart special...did you see any improvement or all placebo affect?

I already have an intake and really only did that because it was a sweet deal and I liked the sound whole accelerating :)

Thanks!

My plan was to just order a cat back setup from company and install my self..but since I've never done it I don't know if a cat back will change the piping your referring to.

Im thinking of getting an exhaust for my 2013 JKU

No real need other than I want some sound :)

I'd like to stay below $300 and haven't decided if I want a single or a double pipe.

Any thoughts or suggestions?