Posts by haugwild

death wobble usually comes from the front track bar being loose, not loose like you can move with your hand, there can be a 1/32 of an inch play between the joint & the bolt or the bolt & the bracket on the frame or the axle. a small amount of play at either end translates into a lot of movement at the wheels at speed. you won't be able to by hand but the will be a slight movement when someone turns the steering wheel. mine had the slightest amount of wear on the bolt & a little oveling at the frame bracket.

I know there is a club ride on Aug. 19 but I wanted to put this out there. On Aug 19 at shadybrook farm in bucks county Pa. there will be a gathering of jeeps & venders. There is also an obstacle course & food for purchase. Jackson & MMR will also be there early, Me & my cousin went last year & had a great time, couldn't get Wane off the dam thing. If anyone wants to go , it's north on I-95 bucks county, exit at Newtown by-pass , make a left (at the top of the ramp) onto 332/newtown by-pass, 2nd light make a left onto stony hill rd. turn right into the farm. hope to see some of you there

I have a D44 sitting on jacks in my garage, was going to wait till spring & clean it up to sell it but will sell it as is no breaks, no hubs

my front E-Locker stopped working (at rausch creek )went through hell trying to figure it out. Checked power to the switch, checked the switch,checked the wires from switch to the connecter,pulled the dif cover & put power to the solenoid everything checked out. drove me crazy for couple months, finally took it to Jeff Daniels Jeeps. Cost me $39.00. What was it you say? The plastic conector at the differential had a hairline crack & when pushed together the metal pins inside could move so it wasn't making good contact. Make sure to check the $2.00 plastic conecters aren't the problem .

Finally decided what I was doing with my jeep ordered a new G2 front axle with an ARB locker . Q TEC said it would take six weeks to assemble and deliver it shipping company called me Tuesday said they could deliver it Thursday or Friday ,only bin four weeks ,woo hoo ! Took delivery of her yesterday but there's one small problem , my Front axle is a back axle . I was quite upset . I called Q TEC I talked to Dan who is very very helpful and really apologetic and said that they would swap the back for the front no problems even swap But it would take another 4 to 6 weeks ,bummer!!!!

just got a callback from parts tec from that mopar site you posted. there is a 6 week wait for every wrangler transmission. every year JK has its own part number but talking to him some I got out of him that this is very recient. the 2007 to 2011 trans used to be the same part number so any any year should fit in my jeep.don't want to jinx it but I found a shop in Calif. that does hemi conversions & has a transmission sitting around , it's a small shop & I'm waiting to find out if they will ship it , crossing my fingers

it was stolen , carjacked & when I tried to yank the SOB out of the jeep he drove it into the side of my work truck then into a 18 in tree & after I got him out it drove across the street onto my neighbors lawn & stopped by hitting a 3 foot tree. I managed to mangle both legs & break my wrist while he got away, the end. I bought my jeep back from the insurance co. for $3500 after 2 months of we'll give you $11000 minus the $3500 of course & me saying no :censored: way. I had to find every recipt for anything I did to her& went online& looked up 1300 2010 wranglers in a hundred mile radius to finaly get them to make me a decent offer. sorry about the rant, the end for real

any body have a line on where I can get a 6 speed transmission for a JKU ? mine is toast, looking at over $3000 to rebuild. I think it would be cheeper & faster to swap it out, thanks

thanks for helpingme out . my insurance is really stingy when paying out, 15 years ago my brand new truck was stolen & when recovered it was stripped & trashed, they tried to give me $9000 for a 1 yearold i paid$32000 for. said they didn't want to pay much for a vehicle that was so damaged. I argued with the adjuster for 2 weeks that it wasn't damaged befor it was stolen. i finaly ended up getting $16500 & I was exausted from all haggiling with them.thats why I was so supprised when the adjuster said he'd help me by paying a persentage of my acceries & i want to take advantage. I talked to quadratec & 4WD , both said they'd e-mail me recipts but i haven't received enythin yet
    uten

long story short ,jeep was stolen, front axle bent , some body damage. insurance decided it is a total loss. because I salvaged it they only offered me $11,250 ,which sucks, but the loss adjuster said he'd work with me on the accesaries & mods, they would pay 85% of the cost but not installation. so I need receipts for things I fabricated . if anyone has receipts for rock sliders (for a 4 door) , skid plates for engine ,trans or evap canister ,steel fenders,front & rear , steel corner guards & a built front axil you can e-mail them to bighaug@gmail.com I would really appreciate it , thanks in advanced