Posts by haugwild

lon story short, My jeep was stolen and totaled. And I have a line on a new 2015 jeep, but the housin is cracked on the trany. Before I offer any money, I wanted to know what a new trany would run me. Do they still use the NS_3706 (the letter between F&H wont work ) manual transmission ? if so will any manual trans from 2007 on fit?

well we figured out that you cant just rewire the radio, it's digital & would f^(% up the main computer which basicly kill my jeep. there were 5 of us me ,my mechanic buddy, & 3auto electric mechanics.we're stumped.it's actually getting worse. now if I touch anything that is electric in the dash the radio shuts down,& now it stays off for 30 seconds or more . sometimes it stays off till I turn the ignition off and then on again. turn the heat on loose the radio, open the window loose the radio,shift etc. give it gas etc, want to change the fan speed ...you guessed it , no radio! I took it to the dealer 8 hrs @ $117 an hour (that's $992.16 )& my wallet is a lot lighter but my jeep is still not fixed

not yet, this weekend I have a friend of a friend coming over to reroute the power to the radio to see if the radio is the problem. I have checked every thing you all have sigested, it's none of them. some days it'll kill the radio every time I tap the gas pedal ( take my foot completely off then touch the pedal slighty) , some days it'll happen some of the time & some days it doesn't happen at all. when it does happen the radio (sound, screen)turn off,when it comes back on there is no interruption ,same station& song. its very perplexing. a couple of times the screen came back on but no music, sound, till I turned the ignition off and then on again. ?????

the battery is grounded ,no wires near the gas pedal or the clutch for that matter,no frayed wires , pulled the radio no short in the power or ground. I did a lot of driving yesterday, for shoping,radio didn't cut out once, I thought woo hoo, maby I fixed it by accident. no such luck, went to drive my daughter to school today & almost every time I touched the gas peddle the radio cut out!!! It's starting to drive me nucking futz. I red on line a coupel peoples radios were giving them the same problem, they had hardtops (I don't)but ihe wiring were the rear wiper connects was the culprit, it was loose, so if it aint raining tomorrow I'll play around with the wiring at the back of my jeep, I don't know, maby I'll get lucky

There is no pop noise, no noise at all, just shuts off nothing on the screen. It's definatly the gas peddle, I was sitting in my driveway just bearly giving it gas & the radio would turn off every time. if I hold the gas down till radio comes back on it stays on, I can move the peddle with no problems but once I take my foot off & touch it again the radio turns off. its starting to drive me nuts. I'll try taking the radio out some time this week

has anyone had or herd of this problem? it started around thanksgiving , when I depress the clutch fully then touch the gas peddel the radio ,screen ,clock sound all turn off then fade back on after 2 seconds. at first it was intermittent now it happens all the time. I've replaced the battery,had the alternator checked, it's ok,i checked the fuse, no problem. I took the drivers seat out laid on the floor & played with the wireing harness & the peddle, nothing is being pinched or moved. it's now getting worse, sometimes the radio shuts off for up to 5 min. if anyone has any advise it would be appreciated, thanks

I have 5 but tires are mounted in them, they have bin in my garage. I would love to get rid of them together but if you want just the rims & will help me take them off shoot me a price ,they'r yours.

scratch the paint slightly then lay wet cloths on it, let it sit for a while , then use a scraper. you can also use a spray bottle with some water. came off pretty easy for me. after the soaking it took me about an hour to get it all out.

I have E-lockers front & rear,they performed well for about 7 months then the front just quit engaging.i called up the company I baught them from, first question,what size tires do you run? 35's . sorry if there not stock tires it voids the warrenty. which by the way is only one year.i tried going t o eaton directly & was told they only deal with the distributers . I called both companies so many times they stopped taking my calls & answering my emails. just my two cents.

now I live in Pa. so might be different. both my 2010 JKU & 2012 cruze were salvaged from a junk yard.I got a scrap title with both,I repaired. every thing you fix has to be documented,keep all recits for parts new or used. if you use used parts you need the vin from the vehicle it came from. When I was finished,i took it to PennJersy, he's licened for reinspection, give him all your recits & $200. When its done I just take the paperwork to a notary,pay the registration fee & tax & you'r driving your new vehicle! Easy Peazy Lemon Squeezy

try a different dealer, I bought 10 of them for $6.50,i keep them in a plastic jar in my glove box came in handy twice at RC, for me & a brother from another mother. dealer had no problem selling them to me. I have a 2010 jku. the one from qtek looks similar & probably will work. good luck.

more than likely its the plastic clip on one end or the other of the linkage cable. they are cheep (about .75 cents) they break easily, or sometimes they pop off the shift linkage knob.in the picture u posted it looks like the cables attached properly . take out the 6 or 8 screws holding the center council in place & check that end of the linkage.ypu only have to lift it up about 3 inches to see it.