Posts by haugwild

I finally got the eaton lockers & new gears installed with a little help from my friends friend . OK a lot o help. what a pain in the blank. we thaught a day to a day &1/2 ,took 5 days, no error on me or my friends. i got all parts in a package from 4WD.First problem,the Elocker for rear D44 , holes to bolt the ring gear to the carrier were 3/8 in. but the factory ones were 1/2 in. & the ones that came with the install kit were 9/16. in so I call 4WD & explain my delema. the experienced individual on the phone says yea ,we bin getting that a lot lately with the carrier for the 44,eaton is only making the one to fit all 44s, just drill the holes out. the damed thing is hardened steel & if this is the way it comes why wasen't I told I would have to spend a couple hundred to make it fit?sent it off to the machine shop. next problem ,the flange on the carrier is thicker than the factory, witch is good but the new bolts are shorter than the factory so I only get 2 threads in the ring gear. drive over to the parts wearhouse & get the right ones. at this point we decide it's a good idea to check everything for the front.the bolts fit through the holes in the flange& they'r long enough,woo hoo, but the bearings are to big. back on the phone with 4WD ,that should be the right install kit. 45 minets later he thinks he knows what bearings I need. I ask to have them overnighted so I can get my jeep off my friends lift. ok but they have to charge me for the bearings(I'll get remburst when I send the others back) & the shipping. i'm not happy but send them. guess what, you guessed it, the new bearings are too small. lets call 4WD again , no one answers so I leave a message,that was wendsday & still no call back.in the mean time I call eaton & G2 figure out what part numbers I need, call the wearhouse , go pick them up,install the front. finish the back , get the dam jeep off the lift.say i'm sorry about 30 times& give my friend a hand full of cash for tying up his lift for 5 days instead of one.i still haven't wired them up yet ,hope to get to it sunday but its supposed to rain all day. what I learned, as soon as you get your parts take EVERYTHING out of the packaging, no matter how insignificant, & MAKE SURE EVERYTHING FITS TOGETHER PROPPERLY. DO NOT ASSUME BECAUSE YOU ORDERED EVERYTHING TOGETHER THAT IT WILL FIT. And salesmen DON'T ALWAYS KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING! thanks for letting me rave. I hope this helps someone else when they do mods to their jeep.

if you thought that was tempting how bout this, $5bucks, a ham sandwitch, a 6 pack of lagger and my undying gratitude to the great person you are?

depends on the thickness. i should be able to bend 1 3/4 -.021 wall.the tubing in the picture looks to be 1 1/4or 1 1/2 whatever you prefer and you want to use tubing not pipe. you can reach me @ 215-317-4249 after 3:30 pm

its called "control" USA inc. 1-888-422-6865. its water based & safe for the enviroment, but we are required to wear resperators when using it. if you use 2 coats it doesn't need to be painted, but we use epoxy paint over it, i've spraied bedliner over it,after scuffing it, &it sticks great, good luck with the prodject. hog

i build & repair bridges, we use this stuf looks like elmers glue, you take off the heavy scael & leave the rest of the rust. then it gets coated & the rust turns black, back into metal, then you can coat it with whatever you want. i use it on every thing i scrach under my jeep (thats quite a lot) then spray on bedliner.havent goten any rust yet.i beleive we get it from diamond tool ,i'll get the name tomorrow ,if i remember, at work.

two pages & i held my tounge. sorry i've had enough. i've bin wheelin cj's since i was 18 years old(30 years now) "IT'S A JEEP THING" not a cj , wrangler, wrancho, cherokee thing!!!maby i got no class, maby i got no kooth,but the only "rule" is your a free living son of a gun.anybody who says you should or shouldn't wave,wink ,shout, moon or make a dam fool of yourself if you want to in my opinion doesn't know what it's realy about. i got away from jeepin for a couple of years ,had the oppertunity to pick up a jk (total wreck) from a junkyard,made it roadworthy,everything smashed bent&broken fixed,4" lift ,HD front end,full engine skidplate,sliders all fabed in my garage, with a little help from my friends &family. looking to swap out t-case, lockers, 4:88 gears,fab front & rear bumpers,after that who bknows what? my point is I wave at any &every body i want to. some look at me like i have 2 heads, others wave back & i'm sure are thinking "that crazy s.o.b. must love driving off cliffs just like me.whatever you wheel, if you feel like your jeepin, you probibly are!

i paid $700 inc shiping. he wanted $975 & i chewed him down, the guy i usually use would'nt budge at $900. and i knew there was a differance between manual & auto cases but wase'nt sure of the differences of rubi & nonrubi. thanks again for the input.