Posts by Keith.eric

Been out of the scene for a variety of reasons. Had a beer or two with Stafford this evening though and was reminded that I should get back in there.

You can pass with no doors, BUT they do keep record of why you failed, so going back the second time without doors probably ain’t gonna fly.

You can always just borrow some jk doors for the purposes of inspection. I’m in Wilmington and have half doors and uppers you could switch out to run to them dmv with.

The interior was actually pretty snappy. Not sure how I liked the ceiling, but I’ve never seen this 3 piece freedom top, so maybe it looks the same as it always has. The last time I had a hard top on a Jeep it was a YJ.

Stopped by and saw it today. Didn’t have time for a test drive because I had to go get the kids from school. But I will get to that later this week.

I feel even more comfortable with it after seeing it in person honestly.

I definitely wouldn’t be wheeling it wheeling it. (Let’s be realistic I never have time to do that as it is), but it will definitely see the sand plenty.

All of the Rubi perks will be nice years down the road when it’s a little older and I’m more comfortable taking it off-roading somewhere on some simple trails.

As far as the truck bed goes it has what a 5 ft bed instead of a 6 that the others come with? Realistically I won’t be using it for anything major truckwise either.

Also it has some basic convenience features that the others don’t have that appeal to me. I like the locking storage under the rear seats that would have to be an upgrade or aftermarket purchase with one of the others.

Yeah...if I were in the market for a 4-door mid size pickup, it would be the Canyon or Colorado for $12,000.00 less....

I don’t know, the Colorado I was looking at had a window sticker of $47. And that’s with no locking diffs, swaybar disconnect, top and door removal and all of the other perks of the Gladiator Rubi. I don’t think the price difference is that big for what you get.

Built a PVC tube to hold water for the beach on the wj. 4", water faucet, Schrader valve and npt for pressurizing, pressure gauge, 2" access point. Black so the water is warm. 4-something gallons. I had a 4" tee in it but it leaked like a mofo. The 2" is much better.

#overlandinglikeamofo

Grab yourself a cheap RV water pump. No need for pressurizing it with compressed air then. Pump runs on demand only when you open the valve. Worth it for the $20-30.

Just saw pricing on Jeep.com but looks likes its down now. Built one up to $51,660

I’ve been playing around with the different build options etc and I’m assuming I’m going to be around $50-52 to get it where I want it. That does NOT include the possibility of a dealer installed Mopar lift and/or bigger tires and wheels.

Another good video comparing the Gladiator with the Colorado ZR2 which is the other truck I was looking at.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.