Posts by Keith.eric

I kind of figured that's what I needed. Thanks for the info.

I will keep your cat in mind when it comes time, Nick. I'll message you about it.

So what's the benefit of registering antique?

Ok, so I had trouble figuring out if this is the right spot for this post. If it's not, my apologies just let me know and I'll move it.

I posted a few days ago re: my "new" '79 CJ5.
    The first thing I want to tackle is the exhaust, or lack thereof.
    The Jeep has a straight six in it with headers. There is no exhaust of any kind past the headers. It looks as if the plan was to put something in then he gave up and just put two downspouts right after the flange on the headers (see pic below).

So my question is what is needed beyond here. It is already inspected, but I would love for it to be able to pass next year as well so I'm looking for a viable long term solution. Do I have to put a cat on it for it to pass inspection in DE? Can I just put some sort of dual muffler system in (right now it sounds like your head is in an airplane engine. Loud as heck!)?

Again I apologize if my questions seem dumb as well. I don't know a ton about this but it's something I've wanted to do for a long time so I figured I would just get it and learn as I go. Thanks for any help!

Thanks, I will definitely be needing some parts. The frame on this looks decent but the tub is shot. I have a fiberglass tub to put on it but will be looking for some fenders at the least. Had thought about just doing a tube fender mod. Anyone know if it will pass DE inspection with those?

So today I picked up a 1979 CJ5 as a new project. I had a YJ a couple of years ago but ended up having to get rid of it when we first had kids.

Needless to say, I'm very excited to get back in the saddle and will be utilizing the forum heavily as I fix it and get it up to speed. Will post a picture or two later on.

Details:
    79 CJ5
    258 straight six
    3 speed manual tranny
    Lifted (not exactly sure yet how much...looks to be maybe 4 inches)