Posts by AndyZJ

What is a good brand for Rocksliders. Kevin's offroad say there's are great. Sam's offroad says the same. And Rocky-Road outfitters say that there's are the most durable. I need help on deciding. Any decisions?

That's awesome man. What kind of lift are you running on that thing? Looks like a 3.5 and bout 31" tires. Inline 6 or V8?

Does anyone know who the guy is that has the Grand Cherokee in the pictures? I think that's bad ass. Anyway all the pictures make me wanna beat up some hills with you guys.

That's great news considering the kid is pretty broke (still in high school). What about wheel spacers, he'll probably need them. Any idea of the maximum spacing that should be put on a jeep if you intend to offroad with it? i'm sure that puts strain on the axles.

That is the whole problem and reason that i was so perplexed about how anyone did the dual exaust on a Grand in the first place. The gas tank is located in the rear and takes up basically the whole space for a tail pipe to squeeze past the shocks and coil springs. The stock route for the pipe has it going past a sort of indent in the gas tank to make it possible to fit the pipe. I think i could either do side pipes and burn my passengers legs getting in and out or squeeze a pipe so that it is narrow enough to get past the gas tank and shock on the drivers side. Hope that made sense :hmm:

I have an extra set of 31x10.5 " Goodyear Tracker tires (not even sure if they make them anymore, Great tire though) and we just put a 4" lift on my buddy's XJ. I was wondering if the 10.5" wide tires will go on the stock 7" rims safely or should he get wider rims first? :spinrhead:

I'm doing the whole thing myself at my dad's shop. I have realized that there will be A LOT of things in the way, but it's been done before so i think i'll manage. Any suggestions please let me know.

I have been looking at all these pictures of Grands with Duals on them so i figured that no matter how hard it is i'm gonna get that same look. Already strapped up the cat and the muffler, now i just need to figure out how to get the pipes to the rear of the car. Wish me luck! :wavey:

i have a 3inch lift on a zj but i have front xj coil springs that i want to put in the back, does anyone know if that will work out to give me more lift?

i'm relatively new to DeJA so i'm not sure how to sign up for trail runs or the gatherings. i live in north wilmington and do a lot of just field hoping around here. what exactly is involved in trail riding and where are they usually set gathering spots. :hmm:

The wagoneer is the real thing, not the XJ wood panelled jeep. I'd be happy to show it to you if you'd like, the badge is on the dash and states that it is the final year for the Grand Wagoneer. It has all the original parts on it from what i understand and the only mis-hap was the hit in the front. So the hood, grille, bumper, and radiator are done for. Any parts that you would need i'd be happy to check on them.

I have 91 wagoneer that has a 5.9L carburated V8. it was hit in the front but all the other parts are in pretty good shape. Beautiful interior. I wanted to see if anyone needed any parts off of it. Also, is the rear in wagoneer more heavy duty than the 5.2L rear from a 1995 Grand or what parts would be good to steal from it?

i have my grand cherokee and i wanted to buy some wheel spacers to give me 2 1/2 inches more of ground coverage. has anyone used any good wheel spacers or to just pick a set?

I saw in an article that a ZJ had TJ long arms. Would you guess this is an extreme modification or i could bang it out on a day trip to the shop? Also, i had this idea to buy a cowl induction hood with about a 3 inch rise, then buy a carburator air filter set up to put on top of the throttle body since it sits right on top of the motor. Good idea or bad? let me have your opinions.