Posts by SarasGP

:wavey: Hi Rian, welcome!

You prbly won't see too much of me in Dover, I spend most of my time down here at the beach.

Slimer's right, no sense paying someone to do what you can do yourself or with the help of everyone here. Some of the best times we have are wrenching parties where we all get together to fix/mod our Jeeps. Since I've been a member here, my Jeep hasn't seen the inside of a commercial garage or shop at all. (Now I just jinxed myself.) I've learned a great deal by watching/doing and reading the boards.

Anyway, glad to see new people any time.

:rollsmile:

I didn't have any plugs in the back either. Andrew drilled some holes and got 2 plastic plugs from somewhere (Andrew?). I sanded the edges and put primer on them. After the first summer of vacuuming sand and trying to dry the carpet out, I yanked the carpet and never put it back in.
    The scratches on the floor pan get sanded and primered as necessary. One of these days, when I get the money, :lol: I'll get around to painting it with DuraBak and get some of the indoor/outdoor type mats.

Quote from "richgus"

I would love to see a big DEJA contingent come down. If you see a steel blue TJ with grey smittybuilt bumpers and the words Home Media One on it thats me. I live in Lewes and see some of you pretty frequently. Be sure to stop by and say hi.

I saw you today near Happy Harry's on Rt. 1 I think, but you didn't wave back :updown:

I might try and make this one if I get back from Indiana in time.

I usually just take all the windows out and it's sort of a safari top anyway. I used to take the door surrounds off, but then it's a pain 'cos I have to put them back on to put the rear windows in.

Quote from "JeepXJ12"

Bestop Safari for 03' which goes all the way to the back. I have full hard doors.

OK, I see in the pics from Quadratec, they all look like that. I just take all the windows out and the uppers on my half doors, doesn't help much in the rain tho'. I'm gonna get one of those trail covers so I don't have to mess with trying to put the windows in when it's raining. Sometimes I just put the uppers back in and roll the back window down then throw ponchos over the back seat and driver's seat.

Ken, I have discos with a 2"BB and 31 MTR's and it made a HUGE difference at GWNF. I haven't had it on harder trails with the discos yet, but I imagine there will be a big difference there, too. Also imo airing down helps a lot too, with traction.

They're btwn $60-$75 depending where you get them. I'd do like Tony says and get the codes so you will know exactly what the COMPUTER thinks is wrong. I don't know what year you have, but most of the post 1995 Jeeps can pull the general code by turning the key on, off, on without starting it. It will show a number in your odometer if you have a digital one, or count the blinks of the check engine light if you don't. The last code you'll get is 55 which means it's done giving you codes.

TPS main code is 24 and the sub-codes are P0122 & P0123

HTH

Quote from "Sully"

:censored: Um, NO - there will be no scaring of the fish. :rollsmile:

For some reason, I don't remember you wearing that at all. :innocent:

OK, we've seen you in just a towel, we've seen you in a bra, but a thong?
    I don't think so :doh: (unless we have the tournament at Gordon's pond, then you'd fit right in).

I like the magnet idea.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's the purpose. Apparently the slots help throw the mud, water, etc. out and the cross drilled holes let gasses and heat out. It's supposed to prevent brake fade and supposedly makes the pads/rotors last longer.

The stock rotors are "vented", so what are the differences among vented, cross-drilled and slotted?

With the pads and shoes I'm trying to figure out what material (i.e. ceramic, semi-metallic, carbon metallic, etc.) has the most consistently high cof at all temps. Also would it be better to have a higher cof material on the front (discs) rather than the rear (drums) since most of the weight of the vehicle is in the front? I'm thinking ceramic would not be the best option because it's more effective at high temps than low and not consistent throughout the temp range.

By heavier duty brakes I mean slotted rotors and ceramic pads. I'm just wondering if anyone has used them and if they are worth the extra $$.

Would the throw out bearing cause the noise when I'm in neutral? There's no noise when I'm in gear. I did have some deep water crossings, so I'll check the fluid first. Thanks for the help.