Posts by cj8

I think CJ8 died his doors.

Yes, I did.
    Got the paint from PepBoys. I went from original nutmeg to denim black, worked pretty well. I don't recall the paint brand though, but I should add a touch up coating soon.
    I'll see if I can find any pictures.

My rookie year and it was awesome. Every muscle I know of and don't know of were aching Monday but, it was like having had a good work out session.
    Looking forward to next year & will be better prepared for tailgating.
    All my mishaps were planned. :mrgreen:

edit by stafford: latest version

Two very very important mud run things...#1 if you don't have a shirt from last year I need to know what size and what name you want on the back asap. I think shirts have been about $12 in previous years but may change. #2 if you haven't accepted the email invite from your captain to be on the team that needs to be done today if you want a free tshirt from them.

If I didn't run last year, why would I want a shirt?

Not an overly bad day of wheeling. Hot, VERY DUSTY, a few strap pulls, broken u-joint, and for me.... broken rear brake hose. Fortunately, the front office had a replacement. Couldn't get rear brakes bled, so......depended on front brakes, slow driving, mega distance from any vehicle in front of me, and down shifting. Thanks to "ForMud" for his help and following me home.
    I think Steve "deadfeat" and Jim "Chief57" got some good "Go Pro" videos of our trails.
    We'll wait for their reports......

Don't get me wrong...the rest of the group was there for support...concerning my repair. I thank you all.

1 ??? Trail Guide TBA
    2. Deadfeat - Blue / Black Trails --- camping Fri and Sat.
    3. Slowpoke - Blue/Black -- Saturday
    4. NitroRubi + UrbanCrawler - Blacks - Camping Fri and Sat
    5. SaharaKara -Greens/Blues- Camping Friday and Saturday.
    6.ForMud - Green / Blues / Blackish - Sat hopefully
    7. cj8 - IN, coming up Sat.- Guide Green/Blues if needed, otherwise Blue/blackish.
    8. Concrete Charlie - Green/Blue/Blackish -- not camping, driving up Saturday

Driving up Sat. ...hopefully leaving Sat.

1. ??? Trail Guide TBA
    2. Deadfeat - Blue / Black Trails --- Camping Sat. Sunday possible
    3. Slowpoke - Blue/Black -- Saturday
    4. NitroRubi + UrbanCrawler - Blacks - Camping Fri and Sat
    5. SaharaKara -Greens/Blues- Camping Friday and Saturday.
    6.ForMud - Green / Blues / Blackish - Sat hopefully
    7. cj8 - Tentative - Guide Green/Blues if needed, otherwise Blue/blackish.

Well, I was entered in the show but, won nothing.
    Saturday had some mid morning, early evening and late evening rain. No severe wind so it was Ok in a tent. Sunday was blistering humid.
    Made 4 runs on the obstacle course. 1 on Saturday with Jodie as passenger. Great run with no damages, mainly on the rocks. Sunday, I made 3 separate runs. 1st was with Melissa (Turtle's sister (?)). There was an up hill that was slippery from the rain of Saturday, took 3 attempts (you'll find out why in a moment). Made it through the other dirt obstacles, then onto the rock. Oh...I was in 4-low but,...forgot the front lock outs when I started the course. :bang: So, I get locked out and made it through the rocks, again safely. 2nd run, I had a cj8 friend who rode with me (he is in the process of rebuilding his). Good run all the way to the rocks. They had 3 different piles, 1 for stock vehicles and 2 for 33" and above tires, preferably with lockers. On these other 2 they had an exit point for those who didn't want to attempt the second half. Which were boulders with big drops, therefore I passed on doing those. The first 2 trips I took the same set of rocks. This trip, because the other course was blocked by a stuck vehicle, was a 2nd options for larger than stock vehicles. I had a spotter but, one of my tires slipped off a rock and I got a little hung up on the transfer skid. So I had to back up, turn passenger, and BANG! Foot to the brake pedal, brake pedal to the floor...No More Brakes. Why they had to look around to see where it was leaking I don't know (which seemed to take forever). Either way I still had to get off the course. So finally we go forward on a perfect line and make a clean exit with no further damage. Got back to the Show-n-Shine area, checked the situation (broken front passenger brake hose, extended hose...remember, 4" lift), then searched the vendors and those selling used parts. No Luck. Fortunately, the passenger took me to Advanced Auto. No brake hose, but I could use their phone to call other places. NAPA had a stock CJ-7 brake hose, so we drove there and the salesperson came up with a better solution (he has great vehicle knowledge). It is a rubber brake hose that is longer than the extended hose I had. Got back and worked on installing the hose. Went fine. Next...bleeding the line. Of course,....mud, water, weather, etc. on a caliper screw that hasn't been turned since the initial bleeding...how tight do you think that was. Now to search for PB Blaster. Guess what...no vendors have it. Fortunately, Brian (Woody) had some WD40. Spray, wire brush...repeat...repeat...let it soak...repeat...etc. Finally, it came loose. Jodie (flutterby) pushed the brake pedal while I turned the bleeder. Fluid did not come out slowly all the time, I got it in the face at least twice. Finally completed. Now for the final trip on the obstacle course with Jodie's friend Victorie as the passenger. Good beginnings, but they changed the course slightly. They removed some dirt off the exit of the log bridge which put us at a scary angle...talk about leaning the other direction...but did fine. Made it through the rest of the dirt area course and thought I heard a strange "clunk" through the off camber dirt piles but went on. Wasn't sure I wanted to do the rocks again...but...had to go for it. Fall of a horse, get back on syndrome. Good line, good trip. Back to the Show-n-Shine lot. Check the vehicle...since I didn't disconnect the sway bar...sway bar mount broke, "That's ok I can drive it home." Change lane ssslooooowwwwlyyy is good, change fast....and I'm all over the road, not good. White knuckle, cramped finger by time I got home. Fellowship with DEJA members...priceless. :mrgreen:
    I believe most all pictures taken are on different individuals website.
    (Please pardon misspellings or grammar, I did not proof read this).