Posts by cj8

When I get around to putting my seats back into my project, I am considering getting neoprene covers. Particularly, the drivers seat needs re-upholstered (and maybe new or additional cushioning) but until I can afford that... Any thoughts? Weather proof re-upholstering about the same $ as neoprene?
    Thanks
    Glen

Has anyone seen a "shop manual"? If so, how does it compare to Chilton's and Haynes? I have an opportunity to buy one (approx. $80 (internet)), but I don't want to chance wasting my money. The manual is for a CJ-8. Thanks in advance for your input.

1. Tire pressure - check your sidewall for max. per max. load.
    - the higher the pressure the better the gas mileage.
    - personal preference...32 - 35 psi
    2. Shim in steering wheel - balance or alignment problem in the front.
    shim while in your seat - balance or other from the rear end (of the vehicle).

4" suspension, lowered transmission/transfer case, 1" body lift for 35" tires. Yes, I realize I can put the transmission/transfer case back up where it was. But, for right now I am looking for options without making that change.

For those who have manual trannys, and have done a body lift, how did you compensate for the additional extension needed on the rod for the clutch pedal to the linkage :shrug: I'm thinking of cutting mine and welding an extension. But actually I'm looking for different ideas.

Thanks

Thanks Tigercb12 and astape.

Tigercb12, I have the Haynes and Chilton books. Yes, I find them very helpful. I have found out the "Rebuilder's Manual" covers a '70's CJ-5. Which I am told is little to no help for the CJ-8. :wavey:

Astape, I was told that Summit has something, but I couldn't find it (until now). Thanks :wavey:

Does anyone in the Wilmington area have a '72 - '86 CJ Rebuilder's Manual? :shrug: I am considering getting one but would like to see what is in it first.
    Does anyone have or know where to get a rollover check valve for an '82 CJ? :shrug:

Thanks
    Glen