Posts by Lovely

Seriously, there are not many other places where you can meet so many people that would pull together without a first thought and help out an individual in need. I have seen it many many times here. The friends met here will last a lifetime.

Roger that. I could count on one hand how many friends I have that could call me at 3 AM from a Mexican prison and know that I'd be on my way with as much guns, ammo, and bad attitude I could bring. Of those, I've met a few here... :suspicious:

Ok, so most of us agree that the JK is actually better but what about the drivers (present company excluded of course =]? I've more or less stopped waiving to JK's unless they are modified because they don't wave back. It's definitely crossed over more into the mainstream which is a good thing for the sales department but can give it a mall crawler recognition. I'm all for power locks and MP3 integration but now Suzie Q Homemaker is more apt to buy one to take little Jimmy to soccer practice. Good thing or bad thing?

They are definitely marketing to "Sally Soccer Mom" with the four door, no question. Hell, that is one of the main reasons we got ours. It is about as functional as a minivan as far as carrying the kids and all their crap, but exactly 1,000,000 times cooler. Would I want it as a dedicated trail rig, probably not. Is it the perfect vehicle for our active family right now, you bet. As far as the Jeep wave, kiss it goodbye. I have to remind my wife CONSTANTLY (her first Jeep), so I am 100% certain that when I'm not there she is driving right by all other Jeeps. Unfortunately due to the shift in buyer demographic I think the phrase will be re-coined "It's a Jeep thing? I don't understand."

P.S.- The kids would much rather pull up to school with the top and doors off of mom's JK versus rolling up in a Caravan :laughing:

Actually the Commander blows the JK out of the water in this regard with twice the towing capacity. 7400 lbs vs. 3500 lbs. And the Libby can Tow 5000 lbs.

Bill's comparison was between the TJ and JK, not all the old school Jeeps.

Point noted, but in my defense I was basing my statement on REAL Jeeps. IMO, just because Chrapler slaps a Jeep badge on it doesn't automatically make it a "Jeep". If it doesn't have a solid axle....it's not a Jeep, period. Flame war number two............ :innocent:

This should be good.....
    :suspicious: (eager anticipation)

Am I allowed to weigh in on this since I'v only owned a four door JK for 1.5 days? I could also in this short of time post a laundry list of reasons why I like it far better than any of my previous Jeeps (a CJ, 2 YJs, and 2 XJs). Most of which has to do with being more capable "out of the box", and still able to pull and trailer and haul a family better than any Jeep produced to date. Not sayin', just sayin'.

Copied from another site. A bunch of us went last year. It draws a huge crowd, it's for a good cause, and it is a blast:

To All:
    Its that time of the year again to announce the KGB 4 Wheelers 6 Annual Benefit, Krawlin for Kids. This year we will be helping the children of a fellow fallen Wheeler who lost his life this year. This individual had overcome many health and other problems and was doing good until his passing. He had no Life Insurance or any or type of Insurance. His wife and 2 Children are left without much, So this year after meeting with his 4 Wheel Drive club the KGB 4 Wheelers have decided to put on the Benefit for the family with the help of His club Team X-Rated. I hope you all can Attend. The Benefit will be at Rausch Creek Offroad Park again this year ( Thank you Bruce, Lynn and the Staff ) Saturday October 10th.We will be beating on Sponsors doors again for Door prizes and Big Ticket Raffles as in the past. we will also have 50/50 drawings. If you are a Sponsor and would like to help/ Donate, please post up or leave us a note on our website http://www.kgb4wheelers.com. We will be selling T-shirts. This year there will be a food vendor with good deals on food all day and night, and we will have a live DJ spinning the tunes for you. ALL of the proceeds from the benefit will go 100% to the Family ( we do not give it to Organizations). You have helped us help people and Families for the past 6 yrs and hope we can count on you again this year. Hope to see you there.

Thanks
    James Herrell ( kgb vice pres.)

I will be there. Already got off. We should be good to go. Is anyone bringing their wife or anything? I would like to, but don't want her to feel left out, not like she ever does, just saying.

Hopefully the rig holds up well til then.

Katherine and the kids are coming to this one. Hell, my in-laws are coming just for the camping. We are really looking forward to this trip.....Koxrents :laughing:.

the whole weekend was a ton of fun. I pity the fool who didn't come.

The only thing that could have made it better would have been if a random, drunken, Dewey hottie jumped in your passenger seat at a red light....oh wait, that did happen. :laughing: On a serious note, the family and I had an AWESOME weekend! It was great catching up with everyone, drinking beer, and pretending to fish. Can't wait 'till next time.