Posts by Dugan

If you want to unlock a welded rear, you'll need to replace the internals... ring and pinion gears, spider gears and carrier plus the install bearings and shims. Basically, a complete overhaul.

All CJs have leaf springs, I'm not really sure how that relates to anything. "bad ass" means different things to different folks, do you want a lifted Jeep with 33" or bigger mud tires? Steel bumpers with lights and a winch? Show Jeep with pristine body work and paint?

Depending how it was welded, all you will need is a carrier, spiders, cross pin, and roll pin.

But ive seen some pretty haggard Lincoln lockers where everything was compromised because of slag

Throwing money at a d35 is a waste. Artec sells a kit for 8.8 installs in a TJ, but its pricey and installation is also a little on the pricey side.

I also do gears, located in New Castle. USA Standard or better. Avoid G2 like the plague.

Ill also rep Aaron for gears.

Got 3 roll cages coming up, a set of Safe-t-Caps, a lift on an XJ, and a plethora of gear installs. Keep me busy! :spinrhead:

Also coming within the next few weeks Ill have this up and running and making parts for anything your hearts desire!

Welding SS to Carbon steel requires more than just normal wire. I have tri gas and SS wire if you need it done let me know. But I would not suggest putting a SS tube on a vehicle as a bumper.

Im in new castle, not dover haha even closer :P

And I barely ever work on OEM drive trains... Just check out my page haha our one truck is on 51" v treads and 2.5tons

If you need anything just let me know, I can mount tires/balance, bend tube, etc.

I can do R&Ps, I wont be available till around thanksgiving given my work schedule at my "Real :bang: Job" .

Shoot me a message or my phone number is located on the website within my signature.

As for beadblasting, its not something I normally do but I have the tools. I would just need to get different media as I only use it to soda blast paint. Also, did you need an SYE installed or you already have one, I was confused there.

Im located off Rt 13 in New Castle, by the bridge.

I dont know if you know Justin from middletown with the Blue 2door XJ, I did the gears in that for him as well as the lift awhile ago.
    (Thanks Jeremy)

Well everyone, this story concludes to a happy ending. After work, I started her up and she was still leaking a little. Tightened up the hose clamp and voila! problem solved! Somebody must've snuck in there and loosened it up on me while I wasn't looking. If it wasn't for them meddling kids...

Thank you to all for the help with all this madness!! Now time to order my SYE & Tatton driveshaft! I'm sure that'll involve replacing the tub and patching the frame but that's a story for another thread! Duhn, duhn, duuuuuuuuuuhn!

Glad you fixed it haha, sorry the shop was full of bronco... haha

if you need that SYE installed let me know.