Posts by shorebird

Since I'm nearly computer illiterate, could someone post the Jeeps for Joy ride on the L.O.S.T. Mid Atlantic board. I've ridden with these guys alot with Sandy's KJ and with my YJ. It's a good group. I'm still on board to guide blue/greens or to help as needed.

Randy

Hey Brian. I guess we want as many clubs as possible so is it OK to post this up on other sites? I'm also a member of L.O.S.T. Mid Atlantic and would be glad to send the invite, or is there a more official way of doing this. I've cooked hot dogs and burgers for a bunch of people so If we want to do this let me know.

Randy

Since the other PAP 9-23 thread is locked up I'll post here. I still plan to make this ride and if we have enough rigs to have a stock ride I may bring a guest with another YJ. I put some new stuff in my distributor, invested $18. in a rebuild kit for the old Carter, and timed the YJ. She's running better than ever (I hope this isn't a bad omen).

Randy

No report yet, so I'll stick this here. I got home ok but the YJ has been going down hill ever since. I haven't pin-pointed the electrical/mechanical malfunction which is causing the idling problem, but we're working on it. Thanks to Tony (just happened to have a rear drive shaft) and Ed for fetching it, breaking a drive shaft almost seemed routine. I guess I just can't stay off the Blacks (you know what they say). Great ride!

Randy

I can make it on Sat., but I didn't want to hold the de4wd group up since I'm going to try to stay off the blacks till I do something with my gearing. If we can work around that I'll be at RC about 8:30 Sat am. See you all then.

Randy

It's a '88 YJ 258 6 cyl manual. I don't know for sure but most of the spec's I've seen list the 3.07. I saw the ring and pinion sets on Quadratec and on Rusty's site, but not the carriers I'll do some more checking. Thanks for the input.

Randy

ps. found the carriers on Rusty's

It's about time for me to gear down a little. I think I want to drop from 3.07 to 4.10 on my Dana 30 and 35. I'm running 34's, but I want too keep her on the road. In addition to the ring and pinion sets and a rebuild kits what do I need. Are there spacing problems?

Randy

I made it home without losing any wheels. The work day was just as much fun as a trail ride, at least for me. I'm sure we'll have more members the next time, and now we kinda know what we're expected to do. I wish we could move Paragon and Rausch a little closer to home.

Randy

That was a great ride, with great people! Thanks for the invite, Tony, and for getting me thru those blacks with with only a few more scrapes and dents to the undercarriage. No body damage. My trip home started out uneventful, but when I lost the left front wheel at 60 mph on I-176 things got a little more interesting. Those Super Swampers really roll nice. I was lucky, the tire didn't hit anyone and with the help of my hi jacker I put her back on. Then the rains came. 2.5 hrs with the fire hose pointed at me, put still not enough to wash off all of that Rausch Creek mud. Thanks again, see you all again soon.

Randy

It's on my calender, and I'll bring a chain saw. I don't mind driving to PAP and I will have one passenger seat. I also take the 10-176-61-81 route.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4"suspension, 2"body lift, 34-10.5-15 Super Swamper LTBs
    '03 KJ, 2"+shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TA KOs