Posts by shorebird

I'm going to try to make this one. I haven't been able to make a ride since April, and I'm ready. I'll be driving up on Sat., so I'll meet you all between 8:30 and 9 at the park. Blue/ blacks are fine with me, even if I have to take a bypass once in a while. (I do have to drive her home). I will have a new set of 34-10.5-15 Super Swamper LTBs to try out by then.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 34-10.5-15 Super Swamper LTBs
    '03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

I'm up for a run on May 13th. I can't make GWNF, but RC sounds good. I'll guide if I'm needed. I've got a blue run mapped out, and can't wait to do it. No promises, but my mom is 91 (like years old) maybe I could convince her to ride along!

Randy

88"YJ, 4"suspention, 2"body lift, BFG 32-11.5-15 TA's
    03KJ, 2.5"front, 2"rear lift, armor, BB's, 245-70-16 BFG TA's

What Chris said. The Stock/Modified Group started out with every intention of running what is left of Whompum. After walking the first section we took a pass. Too early in the ride, didn't know the rigs or drivers. We headed to the Bypass to Turtle which I would rate a Green 2. We headed down #7 Turtle to #37 Turtle Tail, Blue 3 on the trail sign. At the intersection of #34 Squirrel Trail I ran the uphill section and decided at 11:30 and with an unlifted Rubi in the group I took another pass (too conservative I guess) and I didn't want to miss LUNCH! We exited onto Haul road and passed the spring. To kill some time we hit #44 Outer Spare Tire Green 2. Some water, some mud, no problems. We met up with the Stock group and headed to the Spring for lunch. I know Ed said we did the same trails as the Stockers, but other then a couple hundred yards on Turtle and the Outer Spare Tire, I think we were a notch up. After Lunch and confab with Chris we ran #47 Rocky Meadow Blue 2, to #46 Laurel, which is pretty much all new. It was rated a Blue 2, but I would have rated it little higher at least until we bust the tops of the rocks off. After a time check we ran out on #48 Boy Scout Green 2 and "high tailed" it to #7 Turtle to get out of the park on time. We hit the play area for a few minutes the Explorer got stuck in the mud twice and I had to be the bad guy and say we had to go. He probably could have made it (eventually). Great group, Great ride.

Randy

'88YJ, 4"suspension, 2"body lift, 32-11.5-15 BFG AT T/A's
    '03KJ, 2.5" front, 2"rear lift, armor, 245-70-16 BFG AT T/A's

I'm planning to make this ride uness something unexpected comes up. I'd like to do some blues but I don't want to hold up the modified group. I'm open on both ends with no engine skid. I guess I'll have to see who shows up.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4"suspension, 2"body lift, 32-11.5-15 BFG AT T/As
    '03 KJ, 2"rear, 2.5"front lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG AT T/As

Great ride, Great people. I've been out of town for the past week and just got to check out the pics and video, awesome. I'm looking forward to the April ride at Paragon.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4"suspension, 2" body lift, 32-11.5-15 BFG AT T/As
    '03 KJ, 2"rear 2.5 front lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG AT T/As

Sounds like you all had a great ride. I was at Paragon on Saturday guiding the Mid Atlantic L.O.S.T. group farewell ride for the V.P. I wanted to stay and ride with you guys on Sunday, but my wife can only tolerate one day on the trails at a time :shrug: I plan to make the next one.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2" body lift, BFG 32-11.5-15
    '03 KJ, lift, armor, BFG 245-70-16

As much as I'd like to make this ride, (as a member this time) I have a Super Bowl pool drawing party to host on the 14th. My lift stuff should arrive next week, so I should be up another 4" the next time I ride with you all. Have fun at Rausch.

Randy

'88 YJ 4" lift (soon) 2" body lift 32-11.5-15 BFG ATs
    '03 KJ 3" front 2" rear, full skids, bb's, 245-70-16 BFG ATs (wife's DD)

I finally got registered, and would like to thank you for letting me tag along on this ride. I know Paragon pretty well, and Andrew picked the perfect trails for the group considering the rigs and the conditions. I plan to ride with the club again soon.

Randy

"88 YJ Sahara (work in progress)
    "03 KJ (lift, armor, BFG AT T/A 245-70-16) wife's DD