Posts by YJ_Will

This is over the course of this year.

My frame went from this in my frame to this.

I chipped the scale off a used bumper I bought and painted it. I also added some back up lights in the bumper.

I also replaced all my rear suspension bolts and bushings, cut out and replaced my rear body mounts, replaced my drivers seatbelt and re-installed my cb antenna after it was ripped off.

Now I bit the bullet and ordered a trans rebuild kit.

Did I mention I never really worked on vehicles and kinda don’t like working on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the August 31st ride happening?

I’ve been out of the loop for a while as I was to lazy to fix my Jeep frame but it’s finally done.

I’m not quite ready for the trail as I still need to get my bumper and tire carrier back on.

If the August ride is happening I’ll try and get the Jeep buttoned up this week.

I got around to replacing the back section of frame on the other side of my Jeep. A couple body mounts and POR 15 on the back third of the underbody and frame are next.

Another greasable shackle bolt rusted down.

I cussed at my Jeep today trying to get the body mounts off. I’ll need to cut them out and replace all the nuts in the body.

All those YouTube videos and tv shows make working on a Jeep look like fun. I wish I had their camera angle

After not driving my Jeep for a year I finally got around to patching the frame on my Jeep. I basically have 2 weeks left to get it done. I paid to have my boat stored in a warehouse so I could work on the Jeep without fear of damaging my boat. I have to pick up the boat at the end of this month so it crunch time.

In typical fashion this frame repair has turned into more as the Jeep also getting new suspension bushings and bolts in the back and replacement of the 4 rear body mounts. The Jeep had all greasable bolts in the rear and the bushings were oozing grease. However the guy I bought the Jeep from must have only greased them right before I bought it as half the diameter of the bolts I pulled out of the suspension had rusted away. When I’m done it will still be a POS.

I bought an Appalachian car trailer. It meets all the things you describe and you can pick up a new one for what people are asking for a car trailer used.

Unless your on a limited budget get an 18’ trailer if not 20’. Also stepping up to a 10k trailer allows more flexibility in the future.

Get stake pockets and rub rails too. They allow you to strap down anywhere along the perimeter and also allow the use of the ramps on the sides of the trailer for loading mowers and atvs. I also ordered an optional 3 rd ramp so I can but 3 ramps together for stuff other then cars. In addition I ordered a winch mounting plate.

I also recommend the technosha prodigy brake controller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I accompanied a friend on his new bass boat Sunday. This is the first real bass boat I have fished out of and it’s sweet. It’s way better then my 16’ aluminum boat where one person steps to the side and almost throw the other overboard.

We hit the Sassafras river and I got two and my buddy got skunked.

First fish was 19” and probably around 4.5#

The second was pretty big at 21.75” and 6.41#. We busted out the scale for this one.

I look forward to many more trips on this new boat and hopefully they will all be this good.

We did our first trip of the year today and just hit a local pond in our cheap kayaks. We used to fish this pond all the time as kids but haven’t been there in about 15 years for myself and 20 for my buddy. We fished for 3 1/2 hrs. It was a pretty good trip. We didn’t catch anything huge but I got 13 and my buddy got 7. The biggest was about 17” and average was around 14” and only one dink. We also got two crappies about 10”. It was a good trip considering we were hoping only to not get skunked.

aside from the beach, where do most people fish? DE Bay, Chesapeake (including the 5 rivers at the head), or misc streams, lakes, and ponds in the area?

I fish anywhere from the Rt50 bridge on the Chesapeake Bay to its headwaters and all of the Delaware Bay to about 60 miles offshore. Also a lot of the streams and ponds in Eastern, MD and Delaware. Ghetto shark fishing is still one of my favorites.

Are you asking for a specific area fish?

If you chuck a kayak in some of these small nasty creeks you see on the side of the road you may be pleasantly surprised.

I've been keeping up on that too. Sounds like a Roadkill adventure. Speaking of Roadkill, Dirt Everyday and Mototrend ... Is anyone actually subscribing since they are leaving YouTube? Personally I won't sub to Motortrend on demand , CBS or anything that will promote this. They easily could have sold content to Amazon or Netflix and got a great audience.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I haven’t subscribed as I didn’t watch them all that much. If its reasonable as far as price I might but it would have to be like $2 a month.

At this point I would have no issues paying a party outside of YouTube versus watching/supporting YouTube.

I was hoping someone would say I was at x last week and they were jumping in the boat.

I think I’m going somewhere Sunday. I think I’m just taking my small aluminum boat. I’m thinking maybe a pond down state for some pickerel.

Has anyone ventured out and made any fishing trips yet this year? We normally fish into December and pick it back up in March. We wrapped it up early last year on November 25th with a Susky kayak trip. It was getting to the point if you wound up in the water without a dry suit you were going to be in trouble so we ended the year. Although beautiful I had limited success on our year end finale.

We had some good trips last year. I caught my largest catfish ever(blue cat), my first flathead catfish and we fished off shore 60 miles for tuna out of a kayak. We manged to catch a tiger shark but no one landed a tuna.

I'm all licensed up for three states, a pelagic HMS permit and two non-hunting trespassing permits and am ready to to get 2018 going.

Has anyone been out and had any luck?

Last trip of 2017

I'm relatively new as well but believe there is a list of required gear posted some where here and also on Rausch Creeks web site.

I believe your expected to to have recovery gear, full size spare tire with a way to change it and a fire extinguisher at the minimum.

I scrubbed my fuel tank with degreaser and a scrub brush. Cut a new rubber pad for it out of a Home Depot rubber mat and mounted it on the new skid plate.

I was going to paint the sending unit plate with rust Convertor but the stuff I had went bad on the shelf. I’ll get it and the filler neck treated when a new bottle shows up this week.

Once I have some real time to work on the Jeep I’m going to cut out and patch the frame. I have a ton of night school work at the moment so it’s hard to sneak out to work on it for more then an hour at a time.

I pulled my fuel tank and rear bumper in preparation for rusty frame repair.

It’s always harder to do things then it should be for me on this jeep. Every bolt but one snapped off when I tried to remove the bumper.

I was also lucky enough that the previous owner welded two of the nuts to the rear crossmember so you couldn’t remove them. I drilled them out since I couldn’t get a socket on them or spin them.

Parts of the old fuel tank skid are also rotted away. Old versus new.

And in typical fashion for me even the bolts on the tank band snapped off.

The next hurdle will be getting the two rear body mount bolts out. They are solid frozen and one of them simply spins.

I hope the HOA doesn't get wind of this and bust you for having a junk vehicle on the premises!

I’m safe with the Jeep until the tag expires in March. The issue is if I wheel my boat out of the garage and into the driveway to actually make room to work on the Jeep the HOA will show up with cuffs.

In seriousness I haven’t heard another peep from the HOA so they either dropped the trailer/RV/boat crack down or are building their case.

The neighbor down the street came back from a trip earlier this month and had his RV parked on the street with a Jeep hitched to it for a few days until he disconnected the Jeep. I would assume he’s a bigger target then me.